M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on SWFA and the leatherwood scopes have good prices .
i was looking at the unidial models ,are they junk ?

thanks,,,,

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha ASM1:

I have a Leatherwood Sporter equipped with a ranging dial/base and it does work as advertised. At least I could repeatedly and regular hit the gong at 430 yds with this scope and simply setting it for a bit beyond 400.

I don't know if the scopes are supposed to be nitrogen filled, etc., but in cleaning the scope one day, I noticed that I could unscrew the objective lens and look directly into the internal cavity of the scope! 8O

Are they junk? I don't think so, and I am thinking of getting another Sporter... (NIB). The glass is not bad, not the best, but definitely far from the worst that I have used and played with.

I have had no experience with the new line of Leatherwood scopes, so I have no comments on those...

Good Luck and I hope you get a good scope whichever way you go!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Unless it is a U.S. GI ART-1 or ART-2, the Leatherwood scopes are Chinese POS junk. Stay away from them like the plague.

Get a Leupold. You won't be disappointed if you do. I have 3 Leupolds myself, and they have never let me down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Current Leatherwood Scope

I've had one of the current production Leatherwood scopes for almost a year now, and I must say I've been pleased with it so far. It holds zero as well as my Leupold Mk4 on a Remington 700 VSL. It will usually draw a few questions about the function of the base, but I can live with that. And, there IS the appearance / cool factor. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.