M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how or why but I ended up with 1k of LC LR(I know Long Range) Brass Head Stamped 10, no NATO Mark
under the magnifying glass it is absolutely once fired
Upon inspection it appears there is no Crimp ,is this Correct?
It also appears there is a Red Sealant to it .
How does this stack up to regular LC 7.62x51 brass

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Brass is good to go. Originally from M118LR cartidges. New cases are about 178 grains in weight and the webbing is military thickness. Treat it as you would NATO LC brass, but you just don't have a crimp to remove. If I did not have a bunch of GGG brass I would be jealous.(O.K. I still am)

Glenn

·
Registered
581 Posts
You may also see that the neck is annealled. I have about 700 LC LR cases and surely would like more. Where did you get them?

John

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
975 Posts
The LR ammo doesn't have a NATO standard so there won't be a NATO mark. The cases are made to be slightly stronger in the web area and are suppose to very slightly more capacity than LC ball ammo cases.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Fresh from the Oven"
Most are 2010 with a few years scattered
[/IMG]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't trust these guys, the brass you have there is all crap. What you need to do is ship it to me ASAP and I will dispose of all of it for you. No Charge. Just happy to help a friend out on this one!!!

GI6GI6GI6GI6GI6GI6GI6GI6GI6GI6

And if you haven't figured it out yet. I'm joking. Good stuff, I wish I had some newer LC LR brass. All of mine is old stuff from the 80's or so.... GI9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts