M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mish-mash of LC once-fired... 04, 05, 06, LR, 74, etc; some only 20 or 30 cases, some 500. I would like to just dump most of this (the smaller lots) into one box and load it with my standard load (43.0grn IMR4895 under a 147grn FMJ.) I don't have any pressure issues with this load.

How consistent is LC brass between dates?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lc

I have batches from 74-07 and they are all pretty consistent. Only batch I have had problems with is LC 90 having 1 out of 75 cases crack length wise mid body.

I go with 45.5 gr 748 with the 147, not as clean as IMR but runs threw the measure a lot better. With mag primers getting 2750 fps out of a standard.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Unless you are shooting match / competition it makes no difference. For Plinking just load them and shoot

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
For plinking you should be GTG

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
LC brass is good, rugged, brass but I wouldn't go as far as to say it is very consistent in terms of weight and neck thickness. Even with the same date stamp. For service rifle match shooting, out to 300 yards it is as good, or better, than anything else because the brass inconsistency isn't enough of a factor for service rifles out to that distance. For longer range service rifle shooting, you can do a little better with quality brass like Lapua.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Load 'em and shoot 'em. I use LC cases.

Even for short range (200 and 300) match shooting, I use mixed head stamped LC cases. SR High power targets have generous scoring rings, the LC brass year head stamp is the last I worry about and this is shooting match bullets, not 147 FMJs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts