M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a scope combo from larue tactical, because i love the stuff they make, and got thier Quick Detach rings to come with it. It is currently in the mail to arrive on friday, but i ran across this thread discussing larue mount problems on the m25 channeled rail.

http://m14forum.com/optics/137989-m25-larue-mount-issues.html

My setup will be using the Sadlak scope mount and I am wondering if anyone has had problems with the sadlak channel being too large such as the M25 middle channel (I know they are different dimensions).

Either way i already bought them and can find some other use if they don't fit, it just may help someone else in the future if it is a known problem with larue rings not fitting certain channeled rails.

EDIT: Well i realized i had a means to find the answer so here it is. I measured the block of my larue mount for my AR scope and found it to be about 0.450" wide, and the gap on a sadlak scope mount (mine at least) is about 0.4" wide. this leaves about .025" for the block to engage on either side of the gap if everything is centered. If you are comfortable with that i say go for it since larue mounts are awesome for return to zero on all my other guns, but i may be looking into some ADM mounts with the bar running across the whole bottom for this sadlak mount.

P.S. i say about because my eyes suck and i didn't have the best lighting to see the dial caliper in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've got a Sadlak Airborne mount on mine. I wanted to use Larue rings on my mount, so I gave them a call and they told me they won't work on my mount because of the channel. I went with Badger Ordnance instead. I'm a big fan of Larue stuff so I was pretty bummed they wouldn't work. On the bright side the Badger rings are great! (I went with the DMR rings.)

Edit: You know, I should really drink more coffee before posting. USNA You already found the answer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did, and i actually made another post including a response i got from Larue about how if I mounted them and it were to damage the lug it would most likely void my warranty. Oh well i will just keep those rings for a different build. Thanks for the tip on badger i have read good stuff about them but can't find them in stock. Might just go with the luepold Mark 4 like sadlak suggests.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went ahead and ordered a set of luepold mark 4 rings since i have a nice torque wrench and should be able to set the hex clamp consitantly. I'll just have to keep a small 1/2" wrench in my bag for a "quick" detach if necessary. I opted for these since it is what sadlak recommends.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my m25 in and was also looking at the Larue rings. But found out that they don't work. Can't seem to find any QD rings that fit well so I am probably goingthe same route you did and add a borka torque wrench to my kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts