M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looking into this since i ordered a scope from larue and some of their QD rings as well since they work wonderfuly on my AR style guns. After i put in the order i realized that Larue uses a short lug to engage the slots in the rail. This lug is only about 0.45" wide and the see thru channel on a Sadlak scope mount is about 0.4" wide. This does not leave much room to engage and when i asked Larue about this this was their response.

"You are correct about our mounts - since our recoil lug is short, you don't want to use it on a rail that has a sight channel because it will shear the corners off of the lug and void the warranty, as well as possibly damage your Sadlak rail. In order to use our rings, you'd need to swap for a different rail without the channel (like one from Smith Enterprise). If you want to keep the Sadlak rail, you'll need to use a mount or rings that have a recoil lug that spans more of the width of the rail."

So if you have a sadlak rail or similar one with a see through channel (I think some M25 rails have the same problem) this will VOID YOUR WARRANTY for you larue mounts, so either send them back or put them on a different gun. Just thought i would share this little bit of information i found.

·
Registered
590 Posts
A.R.M.S. throw-levers.

Nuf sed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to got the rout of buying either Luepold Mark 4 rings or a set of badger ordinance, since i have seen several experienced members of the forum suggest the single large nut style attachment to the rail.

I do this because i have a nice inch-pound torque wrench for repeatable mounting, and i can always have a small 1/2" wrench or Multitool in my pocket to remove if necessary.

·
Registered
71 Posts
A.R.M.S. ADJUSTABLE throw-levers.
ARMS #22 rings WOULD NOT FIT my Brookfield mounts, which Sadlaks are designed after. I had to get the NEW ARMS #22 rings with the adjustable tension levers. Worked like a charm.

What height rings are those and how high are they over the rear sight?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts