M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my eye problems and age, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to use the M1A sights. But I shoot my AR just fine....with the larger aperture in play.

Does anyone make a rear sight blade for the M1A with a larger opening?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hello,
Orlando had some NOS M1 apertures in the BX or the PX this morning. (at a great price)
Drill your own, would be my suggestion. Start small, if you go that route(larger opening).
Are you shooting with your distance glasses on? I hope. Maybe our friendly forum eye guy will chime in....

·
Registered
329 Posts
I bought a new production aperture on fleabay and drilled it for $10 a few yrs. ago. Numrich has them on sale for $7 + sh. $9 dollars last time I bought from them. New and GI are available on fleabay.
I wear 2.25-2.5 reading glasses and got some 1x and 1.25x @ dollar tree and saw some improvement. Maybe try that first. It's worth a buck to try.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
This may be what your after. Springfield M1A Ghost ring rear aperture. Diameter 0.125". SAI M1A apertures are $11.25. Drill out the peep to 0.125.

SAI M1A rear aperture

Ghost ring 0.125" peep

Reactions: Bondage007
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.