M14 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the Lake Placid really bad sci-fi movies about the giant Alligators, there's a chick who carries an M1A with a scope mount on it all through the movie.. She even shoots it a bunch .. funny...Man, those movies are cheesy...Up there with "Sharknado"!! :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
or my favorites 'Frankenfish' and 'Manskito'
I have a weakness for those movies. Makes me laugh and I can usually use the laugh.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah it was great. A biologist finds a giant proboscis and is surprised later in the movie when BEHOLD! A MASSIVE MOSQUITO! I mean, how do you know what it is but not that it goes to a mosquito, and that they're typically waaaay smaller. Gotta love cheap sci-fi.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm with gulliver on low budget scifi movies, especially the ones from the 50's and 60's.

Was that the one with Yancy Butler, she was a "professional hunter"?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I really liked the movie "THEM" from the 50's about giant radioactive ants. GI1

·
Registered
431 Posts
Swamp Thing, another great one. Adrienne Barbeau, she made that movie and she sure didn't hurt Escape From New York either.

I think my all time favorite is The Creature from the Black Lagoon although "Them" and "It Came From Outer Space" get pretty high marks from me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does the original The Thing (From Another World) count? There's a scene with a guy using an M1 carbine to spray rounds through a door. Did you know that Marshall Dillon (James Arness) from Gunsmoke was the thing?

I don't consider it to be too campy. It was a pretty good attempt at sci-fi for the time. Scared the bejeebers out of me as a little kid the first time I saw it.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Does the original The Thing (From Another World) count? There's a scene with a guy using an M1 carbine to spray rounds through a door. Did you know that Marshall Dillon (James Arness) from Gunsmoke was the thing?

I don't consider it to be too campy. It was a pretty good attempt at sci-fi for the time. Scared the bejeebers out of me as a little kid the first time I saw it.
Thanks for the input but this thread is for M14 type rifle sightings in films and television.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Don't be hatin on sharknado it could happen.....RNGR3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts