M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

Is this real?
Gonna be interesting - Winchester signed a 7 Year contract in 2019 with the Army when it took over Lake City operations, and I understand "surplus sales" (beyond the needs of the DoD) to the civilian market is part of that contract. If true, the question is whether Winchester has the will to seek a restraining order or will fold like a paper target.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes it will be interesting. This administration routinely ignores contractual issues and, in fact, ignores the law whenever it suits them. They know that they can do as they wish until the courts rule in favor of the plaintiff. Pursuing legal recourse in the courts is costly for the plaintiff and many times they decide to just move on rather than invest a large sum of money on legal costs when a positive outcome is not always assured.

This is another case of big government having most of the advantage. Most folks realize that the government has an advantage against private citizens. They also have an advantage against private firms as well.
Winchester has the option I suppose of just ignoring the directive (if it's part of the contract) and let the government take it to court.
I've been basically ignoring this administration's edicts for the past17 months as it is.. I highly recommend it for mental health purposes, if no other reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts