·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's probably doing us a favor. Quality hasn't been all that impressive since Winchester took over.
Expect blowback for this idea. Word is 308 is next, and all suppliers to the government for powder, primers, cases will be given a similar directive. This is another step at disarming all of us.

Being concerned with the quality of the ammo at this point has nothing to do with anything.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Just another way to make owning and using firearms more difficult.

They are constantly trying new ways to reduce access to weapons and ammo without outwardly banning, restricting, or taxing anything.

They focus their attention more on restricting legal gun owners than they do to criminals and crime, and wonder why nothing they do has any effect.

We gotta get them out of there - before it's too late (which is pretty soon...).

·
Eye Master
4,185 Posts
My recollection is that surplus ammo sales is mandated by law, so it needs an act of Congress to change. We have to keep working for the Red Wave this fall to finally put a stop to this nonsense.

The burden is on us collectively. Voter turnout for non-presidential elections in the US is normally around 40%, and I confess that in the past I have not always voted in the cycles between presidential elections. But this year is different, so I will be out there voting. I think this year is as important as 2020 was, in that we have a chance to take back our country from the disaster of the Biden administration. It would be delicious if we got veto proof majorities in both houses, but getting a majority in either would be enough to slow the damage that is being done.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
If'n ya ain't figured it out, the majority of the stockholders that own anything firearms related and big oil are Democrats. Why else would you drive prices up for everything? A ban scared puts lots of money into their pockets.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Obama tried this trick last time - bought out ammo to get them out of of supply line. Well they got trillions to use for that.

It is said - they bought enough ammo to fight both world wars several dozen times over. What happened to all that ammo? STock up is all i say -

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
My recollection is that surplus ammo sales is mandated by law, so it needs an act of Congress to change. We have to keep working for the Red Wave this fall to finally put a stop to this nonsense.

The burden is on us collectively. Voter turnout for non-presidential elections in the US is normally around 40%, and I confess that in the past I have not always voted in the cycles between presidential elections. But this year is different, so I will be out there voting. I think this year is as important as 2020 was, in that we have a chance to take back our country from the disaster of the Biden administration. It would be delicious if we got veto proof majorities in both houses, but getting a majority in either would be enough to slow the damage that is being done.
Here is the start of the red wave. District held by the Dems for decades, turned Red.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Is this real?
Remember in November.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
I hope you are right and I also hope she isn't just another Rhino in elephants clothing.
I know a few Gringos in the Valley, who, like Irishman Robert Francis O'Rourke, speak Spanish, they honestly believe the Hispanic voters there are beginning to see the light. The regressive effect of inflation, gas prices, etc. these voters are feeling the pain worst than higher income families

·
Registered
6 Posts

Is this real?
Gonna be interesting - Winchester signed a 7 Year contract in 2019 with the Army when it took over Lake City operations, and I understand "surplus sales" (beyond the needs of the DoD) to the civilian market is part of that contract. If true, the question is whether Winchester has the will to seek a restraining order or will fold like a paper target.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Gonna be interesting - Winchester signed a 7 Year contract in 2019 with the Army when it took over Lake City operations, and I understand "surplus sales" (beyond the needs of the DoD) to the civilian market is part of that contract. If true, the question is whether Winchester has the will to seek a restraining order or will fold like a paper target.
Yes it will be interesting. This administration routinely ignores contractual issues and, in fact, ignores the law whenever it suits them. They know that they can do as they wish until the courts rule in favor of the plaintiff. Pursuing legal recourse in the courts is costly for the plaintiff and many times they decide to just move on rather than invest a large sum of money on legal costs when a positive outcome is not always assured.

This is another case of big government having most of the advantage. Most folks realize that the government has an advantage against private citizens. They also have an advantage against private firms as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Obama tried this trick last time - bought out ammo to get them out of of supply line. Well they got trillions to use for that.

It is said - they bought enough ammo to fight both world wars several dozen times over. What happened to all that ammo? STock up is all i say -
Wouldn’t you hate to be the poor shmucks guarding that pile if the (what’s another word for red neck that doesn’t get edited?) get a whiff of the location. Bonus if they have cold beer too!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts