M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hit your back arrow on your browser. Then look up, until you see the sticky titled "What's it worth? Reminder".

Read the sticky.

·
Retired
4,768 Posts
Oh yes. It's very good reloadable brass.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
M118 brass

Is there a market for this Brass?
If it's the brass with the cannelure near the bottom of the cartridge, it's not recommended for reloading.
Maybe in a bolt gun, though.

I wouldn't trust it in an M1A.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If it's the brass with the cannelure near the bottom of the cartridge, it's not recommended for reloading.

M118 brass does not have the "knurl", only M852 brass does. FWIW, I know it has been mentioned to not re-load 852, but so far I've had no issues in my, albeit limitied, experience with 852.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Many folks will tell you about shooting knurled brass 5-10 times, with no issues. I am one of them.

·
Registered
269 Posts

Really?

I have been told by a few, that it is the best brass you can buy.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
At least in my using it in tight chambered NM barrels, I can't tell any difference in knurled verses un-knurled LC brass in terms of number of reloads before separation. I've used a lot of it.

·
Registered
277 Posts

I respectfully disagree. Most of last year, I used 1995 852 brass (with the knurl) in my 600 yd - 1000 yd hand loads. I toss it after 5 total firings without any separations.

My M1A rifle treats the LC Match M118, 852 and 118 LR brass all the same. I fired ~1200 rounds last year with the 852 reloaded with a "healthy" charge (near max) of 4064.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Brass

There is a market Wedge....Me ! I'll take it all if you are selling, let me know with a PM, regards...Rip.

·
Retired
4,768 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts