M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to get behind this amazing rifle on monday. It had a bushnell scope with the tremor 2 reticle. With Todd Hodnett giving me my initial dope I was easily hitting steel at 950 and 1100 m. Love the rifle and scope. Todd was great to talk with as well. Getting a"good shooting" from him was mighty cool also.GI5

I've read some of the debate on short stuff barrels, I'm sold. They work.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been thinking about getting a basic ar to round out my collection, but this rifle has me jonesing now. I'll just have to save up a lot longer.

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
I had a basic AR that never really got any use, but then I discovered the same thing you did. I had to sell some other toys to afford the OBR. It is definitely a cut above the rest, although there are one or two other brands that may beg to differ.

The Predatar is a lighter-weight version of the OBR at half the price. The biggest complaints were that it had too skinny a barrel and no adjustable gas block for the guys with suppressors. They just announced at the Shot Show that they were going to offer a modified Predator with those two things fixed. It's going to run a grand less than the OBR.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out his new reticle. Out is super easy and fast to learn and use. It looks really cluttered but I liked it. I was surprised by the bushnell scope too. Apparently they have really stepped up over the years. Todd days he is going to be running some classes for civies later this year too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Check out his new reticle. Out is super easy and fast to learn and use. It looks really cluttered but I liked it. I was surprised by the bushnell scope too. Apparently they have really stepped up over the years. Todd days he is going to be running some classes for civies later this year too.
I am running a Bushnell HDMR with H58 reticle, and it looks cluttered but works great. I love this scope.

The Horus recticle is super nice and the Tremor2 and H58 are not quite the same, but both are very useful reticles.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh I am jealous! I just picked up The Art of the Precision Rifle and dug Hodnett's style.

After watching it I was wondering if I could take my newly purchased LWRC out to 1k and somewhat wishing I had seen it before and purchased an OBR instead. Glad to know it is theoretically possible. Now I have a lot of work to do before I am there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.