M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed my order today. I was a little early but thats ok. They have not done a run on these for quite sometime. It will be similar to the 20 inch HBAR only in 16 inches and have a carbine length gas port. These will be in the pre ban configuration. If they shoot anything like the 20 inch HBAR they will be deadly accurate. Don't miss out if you plan on a carbine in your future.

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same price as the 20 inch HBAR. The base price for the barrel is $290 and chambering will be $100. Yup its not cheap but its a Krieger cut rifled barrel.
Here is what my 20 inch HBAR did in a 10-15 mph xwind off sandbags. It is a NM configuration A2 and was not even broken in yet. Five shots in the x ring on an SR-1 target. As long as you do your part the rifle will hot what your aiming at. I was shooting 75 gr BH Match that day. The barrel is a 1/7.7 rot.

Lester if you order one I am going to tell them to charge you a little extra to offset the cost of mine. Thanks brudda!! HA HA

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup M21 guy knows my MO. Typically I'm shooting at an SR-1 or SR 100-200 yards respectively. That's all we have on long island. One of these days I'll get upstate to shoot.
Thanks M21 guy!

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's a good question that I really don't have an answer for other than it's what I want? Does that make any sense? I personally like the heavier contours. I don't think it's going to be that heavy a contour. Consider this, is a carbine length gas system so the heavy part is only going to extened a few inches. The gas port journal will be .750 and the rest of the barrel will be .720. It will be 16 inches in length. How much more do you figure that contour will weigh over a 16 inch barrel with the grenade section concluded into the barrel. I'm not all that familiar with M4's but I think and correct me if I am wrong, that the relief for the grenade cut out in the barrel and the base of the barrel are the only two areas that will have a little extra meat on them. I would prefer to have this same barrel in a midlength gas port but this is all they are making. I don't know if you saw it but I managed to get them to build me a one off AR-10A2 barrel. I installed the barrel last week and took it to the range last weekend. After setting the clamp on front sight base to zero, it turned out to be another great shooter. X's and 10's, I'll post a target up tomorrow but here is the rifle. Targets in the trunk.

I was thinking of asking if I could get a blank and have compas lake contour the barrel and put a midlength port in the thing. I'll call them on Monday .

The only other reason I can think of is I'm not maneuvering anymore. Haven't done any maneuvering for almost 20 years. Shoot at the weight it will come in at it will be a feather weight compared to the rest of the inventory. Lol

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Well that's a good question that I really don't have an answer for other than it's what I want? Does that make any sense? I personally like the heavier contours. I don't think it's going to be that heavy a contour. Consider this, is a carbine length gas system so the heavy part is only going to extened a few inches. The gas port journal will be .750 and the rest of the barrel will be .720. It will be 16 inches in length. How much more do you figure that contour will weigh over a 16 inch barrel with the grenade section concluded into the barrel. I'm not all that familiar with M4's but I think and correct me if I am wrong, that the relief for the grenade cut out in the barrel and the base of the barrel are the only two areas that will have a little extra meat on them. I would prefer to have this same barrel in a midlength gas port but this is all they are making. I don't know if you saw it but I managed to get them to build me a one off AR-10A2 barrel. I installed the barrel last week and took it to the range last weekend. After setting the clamp on front sight base to zero, it turned out to be another great shooter. X's and 10's, I'll post a target up tomorrow but here is the rifle. Targets in the trunk.

I was thinking of asking if I could get a blank and have compas lake contour the barrel and put a midlength port in the thing. I'll call them on Monday .

The only other reason I can think of is I'm not maneuvering anymore. Haven't done any maneuvering for almost 20 years. Shoot at the weight it will come in at it will be a feather weight compared to the rest of the inventory. Lol
It makes perfect sense Warren. You want what you want, i think we are all like that. I just always went the other direction with carbines, i wanted them as light as possible because their intent was not to be an MOA ''rifle,'' but a poop hit the fan weapon. I know what you mean about not maneuvering anymore i am 46years old and somedays when i wake up i feel like i am 76 GI4 The last time i was run'in and gun'in was up in Roscoe at my friends hunting cabin...a long time ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.