1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I hope so, but I guess it was the only one (or maybe a few) that they had in stock(?)....so until it shows up at my house, I'm only cautiously optimistic. If its new & short chambered, I'll be quite happy...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it looked too good to be true but even the blind squirrel finds the acorn-sometimes

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
If you order that custom M1A/M14 barrel from Kreiger, it's $465...so $185 (or $197 w/ shipping) for the same barrel is a great price IMO...hopefully it's 'short chambered' and not just 'rough chambered.'
ItemPrice*QtyExt. Price
M1A-M14, HEAVY PATTERN, .308$380.001$380.00
Short Chamber$60.001$60.00
Oversize Op Rod Guide$0.001$0.00
Ship & Handle (Estim.):$25.001$25.00
Total Charge:$465.001$465.00

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I copied the original ad and saved the image (seen in post #2 is my order confirmation), and the only question I had was: it is short-chambered vs rough chambered? So we'll see. The price was low enough to take a risk. Anyhow, I'll reply to this post once I have it in hand, presumably next week.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The fact that it gives absolutely no information or details gives me that pause that if it’s too good to be true...
See post #5

• Haha
Reactions: 15636215

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
BTW, www.gunpartscorp.com lists items such as barrels as "Used" when they are a used part. There was no such adjective associated with this item, so I assume it's a new barrel - but we will see.

Fwiw, I think gunpartscorp.com might have some sort of a relationship with either Criterion Barrels and/or LBR Arms, as 2 or 3 years ago I bought a brand new, medium weight, Chrome-lined 1-11 twist Criterion barrel for $180 that was only offered by LRB, and the barrel was marked "LRB" (as seen here. It's dated 2014, but I bought it in late 2018 or early 2019). The $179 blow-out price seemed too good to be true, but it arrived as a pristine new barrel from this same vendor. (It's on my EBR-RI replica).
Green Publication Book Wood Audio equipment

Perhaps, and this is just pure speculation, but maybe LRB custom-ordered one or more Kreiger SS M1A/M14 heavy profile barrel(s) but didn't use it for customer's build(s), and maybe gunparts is liquidating it for them? Again, that is speculation, but I'll update this thread once I get this heavy Kreiger barrel.

For 60% off retail and no long wait from Kreiger, it was worth a shot, at least to me. Indeed, the original 2007 dated Kreiger SS, 1/10 twist heavy barrel on my SAI M21 Tactical Match is tired after ~4k rounds over 12 years. I was about to send it off to SAI for a re-barrel, but hopefully I just saved myself some money for the exact same match barrel... We shall see.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
The barrel came in this week. It's a gently used barrel, and I have decided to just ship my SAI M21 to Springfield Armory Inc and pay them to install a new Kreiger SS heavy barrel, since they have a few in stock ($575 + shipping). They told me a 6 to 8 week turn around. So, I'll selling the used Kreiger for $200, which is basically what I paid for it last week. Here's the ad for anyone interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts