M14 Forum banner

Korean 7.62

7002 17
Found some 7.62 bass at the range that was marked PS 82. This was the first time I have seen Korean 7.62 brass. Did I miss the boat on this ammo? The rangemaster says it is everywhere right now. Who has it? Boxer and N/C, and not Indian. I want some.

Milton
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Admin
I lost all my firearms in the Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
22,919 Posts
milton,

I have been review the cost of sixteen ammo surplus suppliers weekly for the last 7 weeks on the Internet and I have not found one source of 7.62x51 Korean anywhere as well reading the Shotguns news weekly or at the last four Gun Shows here. I have found eight dealers selling Korean 30.06 and M1 carbine ammo. Sorry, good luck, someone should be by here soon to help you out with your question.

XXIV Corps :mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:? I know of No Korean 7.62X51 Surplus Ammo now or in the Past! It could be that some PMC Ammo is marked PS! :?

·
Retired Admin
22,919 Posts
Thank you Trung Si for that answer......... :D

DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:? milton ! Are you sure It's Korean? I have seen some Spanish with a PS Headstamp! Czechoslovakia also used the PS Headstamp like I stated before "I know of no Korean Surp. 7.62X51" :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Giong by the fact that it is boxer primed, and the headstampings look identical to the Korean 30-06, and the primer crimp style and sealant color match the Korean 30-06 color. I am 99.44% sure it is Korean 7.62x51.

·
Retired Admin
22,919 Posts
milton,

We would all like to see a picture of of the headstamp. Thank you.

DMZ 70-72

·
Retired Admin
22,919 Posts
milton,

So I see the Headstamp as PS 30-06 82. 8)

DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
XXIV-picture as follows:

11 o'clock P
1 o'clock S
7 o'clock 8
5 o'clock 2

NOT 30-06

I own/shoot 9 7.62/308 rifles and 19 30-06 rifles. I think I can tell the difference.

I just want to know if this ammo is available, or is it from an older importation.

Milton,
Gulf War
Bosnia/Kosovo
Afghanistan
assorted other holes

Favorite weapon-AC-130

·
Retired Admin
22,919 Posts
milton,

As I said at the very beginning of this thread, I review 16 internet site each week, that are the so-called large surplus ammo dealers. I have not come across any 7.62 with PS on the headstamp. I can only guess that Korean may have manufactured some back in the 80's. I have not found any data supporting that Korea ever manufactured 7.62. Not to say they didn't. Good luck Sir :D . Oh by the way, you sure must have a nice collection of rifles......

DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
52 Posts
KOREAN

I posted something a while back about anybody hearing about Korean .308 but to no avail. The boxes mine came in were tan and had PMC marked on the box, as well as made or manufactured in Korea. Think maybe we made it and sent it over there????

·
Registered
145 Posts
i read this post early this morning and thought i had some of this squirrelled away. finally found it, 5 20rnd boxes.
cases marked:
P S
7 5
boxes marked:
20 CARTRIDGES
NATO 7.62 MM
BALL M80
end marked:
NATO 7.62MM
BALL M80

back marked: PMC

cartridges are exactlly as described by milton.

also found 7.62mm m80 ball made by valcartier industries inc.
these two boxes are unopened so i dont know the date.
this is canadian stuff thats supposed to be good also.

shot

ps. just checked and only one box is PS 78, the other four boxes are
PS 81

·
Registered
94 Posts
:D like i said. some early PMC was marked ps for pong san metal works. It was 100 percent military and does pop up in PMC boxes. So Milton is right. good job Milton. It is reloadable and exactly like US brass. Ream it and trim to 2.5 inches and shoot it 6 or seven reloads.

oh and Shotgun, thank you for that answer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.