M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a rather silly and simple question, but does anybody know where i can buy a USGI M1 Carbine hammer spring?
I just need one spring... Most places i've looked want to charge me a few bucks for "shipping". Anybody know a place where i can just buy one spring? Maybe somewhere that someone's willing to just toss one in an envelope...?

I got one of those Wolff spring kits, and the frickin hammer springs are waaaaay too long. Everything else seems to fit though.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) and Sarco(Sarcoinc.com) both will have them. Make sure you measure yours when you get it. It should be 2 1/2" long. I ordered two from Numrich and got one that was cut to about 2" in length. They replaced it for free though.
I agree with you aobut Wolf springs. A buddy got one that was so long the action wouldn't cycle properly.
If your Wolf spring is too long, take a Dremel tool with a cut off wheel and cut the spring to 2.5", or maybe 1/2 coil shorter. You should be good to go until your new spring comes in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, your buddy got the spring install?

I tried for like 30 min to get that hammer spring installed and there was just waaaay too much of it.
It was significantly longer than the USGI one and had several more coils as wel.

·
Retired
4,700 Posts
Numrich Parts sells them but they also require shipping cost. USGI SPRING $3.00
oldtimer35
NAV1 USAF2
I hate to pay $3 for a spring, and $10 for shipping. I recommend placing an ad in the WTB, (Want to Buy) section in the PX/BX area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to pay $3 for a spring, and $10 for shipping. I recommend placing an ad in the WTB, (Want to Buy) section in the PX/BX area.
Yep, that's what i'm lookin at...
Maybe i can just find something else cool to buy.
At Sarco they have free shipping for buys over 10 bucks.

I was thinkin bout buying a pin/spring set for my M1 Carbine. But.... Do these pins and springs wear out or break often?
I've owned the thing for like a year or so now and have put maybe 50-100 rds down the tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts