M14 Forum banner

Kimber Custom TLE II

1288 5
Good or bad?

Good I hope, because I just bought one. :lol:

I've been wanting a 1911 .45 for quite a while now & had been looking at this model for several weeks. Finally broke down today & bought it. :D :D :D

I knew it going in, but I really hate the 3 business day mandatory waiting period on handgun purchases... Guess I need to get my CCW & put an end to that foolishness.

Can anyone recommend a good source for mags and ammo?

Thanks!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Quagmire

You did a good decision on buying The TLE. MsgtMaze and I both have the TLE. LAPD SWAT adopted the same pistol about 1 1/2 year ago. Enjoy the new toy. :D Mags Wilson or Chip McCormick.......

Gil

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Quag,
Out of four Kimbers (CDP Ultra, CDP Pro, Super Match and TLE) The TLE was the last I bought and has become my favorite. It's a fantastic shooter very accurate and reliable. It now sports a pair of pre-ban Ivory grips and a KimPor finish. You'll like it.

Greg

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to shooting it. I've wanted a 1911 for a long time now and this one just had the right feel when I picked it up. :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Way Cool - Quag. :D :D :D

Congrats on the new .45 - That is truly one fine firearm you bought. :mrgreen:

I'm dying to see some pics and hear some range reports.

I've had some really good luck with Wilson Combat Magazines. Only had two "klunkers" - the eight round stainless mags. Had weak springs - but they were "early" models. I stick with the 7-round mags and they've never failed me.

You're probably gonna think I've been out in the sun too long for saying this, but the very best, most accurate ammo in any of my .45's has been PMC 230 FMJ that you can pick up almost anywhere. My favorite for "serious social purposes" is Speer 230 gr JHP "Gold Dots" or the Federal 230 gr Hydra Shoks. Kind of spendy - buy well worth the investment.

I buy my ammo locally from a smith who treats me good on ammo prices so I'm sorry to say, I don't have any info about suppliers, but the UMC (also good range ammo) and surplus ball ammo prices look pretty good at the Ammuniton Store. Thinking about picking up a couple of cans of USGI Surplus myself.

Let us know how she shoots, OK? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.