M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'd originally purchased a Kimber Custom TLE II this past Saturday, but during the enforced 3 business day wait I thought about it a bit & decided I couldn't live without an ambi-dexterous safety (being a lefty) and I wanted a mag well. Once I priced everything out, I realized that I might as well step up & buy a gun with those features already installed.

So I ended up bringing home a Kimber Custom Tactical II :D

click the pic for a higher resolution image...

I know that some folks don't like the aluminum frame, but it doesn't bother me. I like the reduced weight, personally.

My buddy is the shop's gunsmith, we went back to his work room and he took the time to step me through the tear-down process, which was very cool of him to do. This is my 1st 1911 and I was absolutely clueless. It's quite a bit more complicated than my Sig P228. :lol:

At any rate, I'm quite pleased with it and can't wait for this Saturday to roll around... :D :D :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Quagmire

I like this gun myself, I own one too. It has all the custom shop enhancement for an alloy frame production gun. You'll find it so easy to shoot this 1911 pistols. Congrats on your new purchase...... =D>

Gil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.