M14 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M14SA and semi inletted stock went off to LRB yesterday for fitting/bedding job and did so via UPS. Earlier this year sent M1Garand for same work(different gunsmith) and upon return a large section of the box was torn open and the blue hard case visible w/ hole punched in it. I slowly opened the box and pieces of the hard case all over the interior of the box. Pulled the Garand out of the case and expected the worst, but luckily no damage to the rifle itself. Second time I witnessed package damaged like this and both times fork truck tire prints across the box itself. Did it fall of the buggy and accidentally get run over or was it planned?? Had somewhat length conversation with the agent at UPS and explained what had happened in the past and also told him that if this package got damaged along with the rifle itself, there was going to be some very strong conversation with every "dude" that handled my package.
The wood I sent with this rifle would be very difficult and expensive to replace and of course placed heavy insurance on it, but I am not sure just how much attention is given to firearm packages. Perhaps more than they should if you know what I mean. Pkg. supposed to arrive next Tuesday and Jackie at LRB said she would call me when it arrives to make sure it is OK. As I mentioned, please keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Registered mail works best for very valuable items. Everyone one who touches the package has to sign for it and it is suppose to be under lock and key 24/7. But who knows. I had ups loose an ar15 for a week in fl. That rifle happened to be going to a Leo with some ties with ATF. They found it very quickly after ATF got involved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts