1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Good K98k Mausers aren't cheap any more but you don't have to pay a fulsome retail price, either. We've got Mauser shooters here who might be able to make you a fair & square deal on an honest rifle. Don't get confused between the K98k (or its cousins, the straight bolthandle CZ Brnos) and the Yugo 48's, which have a slightly shorter receiver and bolt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Call up jra on Monday and ask for mark. He is the owner and a super nice guy. See what he says about the ones he has and maybe he can cut you a deal.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I picked up my K98 at a garage sale about 7 years ago. I got the stock K98, an Arisaka training rifle and a sporterized K98 for about $100. I didn't even really want them at the time but the guy really wanted to get rid of them. I was going to keep the sporterized K98 and dump the other two until I got around to checking into what they are worth. I really fell into that deal. I kept the original K98 and the Arisaka and dumped the sporterized K98.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm looking for a k98 Mauser that is stock, as-issued for matches.

James River Armory, one of the forum sponsors, has some here: http://www.jamesriverarmory.com/com...flypage_new.tpl&product_id=176&category_id=31

Are these a good deal?
I've heard to stay away from Mitchell's.
@ a later thread I havent seen a G63 swedish mauser in decades.Id be afraid to price one.Maybe 10yrs back boatloads of exc/uniss yugo 48s were brought in for next to nothing still in cosmoline w/ acessories ,high quality,(built on german machinery) very accurate with port heavy ball.Shoots better than my M1a.If It were legal to fix peep sights on a mauser like mine(service rifle match) it would be hard to beat for the price assuming peep sights are a legal mod in service rifle.Maybe the replacement for the leaf sights peep?Less sight radius than a reciever mounted peep but still better than a barleycorn/v notch.

I wouldnt touch mitchell with a 10ft pole! Way Overpriced for one,likely paying a real premium for refinishing worn out mausers.

Reactions: Tad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts