M14 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Welcome 00F4B. Your name kinda caught me. I served in the USMC and worked on F4B Phantoms in the late 60s. Your 00 before the F4B would be the CO's aircraft. Enjoy the forum. Interesting information is handed out here on a regular basis.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome

Welcome from Nevada.
One bit of forum advice. Don't browse this forum on a Kindle or tablet of any kind while sitting on the throne. You're feet will go numb. YIKES1

·
Registered
141 Posts
00F4B --

Welcome! I have also learned a lot here over the past year or so from all of these folks who freely share their knowledge. Another geezer of about your vintage, I learned in basic training that an M-14 on full auto is not very useful. That training day must have been scary for the DI's!

Fridlo
East Central Florida

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome aboard from E. Kentucky.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I'm glad I found it. There appear to be a lot of people here with a wealth of information and, maybe, a little bit of entertainment.DI5

47 years ago I tried to explain to them that I didn't want it, but I got my first M-14. It was the first of several that I would learn to call my own. When they finally let me come back to the world I got a 'free scholarship' to Drill Sergeant School. As a Drill Sergeant at Fort Bliss during '68 and '69 I got to put thousands of rounds downrange with hundreds of M-14s and M-16s too. That is probably why I need to wear hearing aids today.

I still like to shoot and talk about guns. I pretty much like them all: .22, 1911, and, of course, M-14. I hope to spend many enjoyable hours here.
Welcome from the Treasure Coast!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts