·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Always have ejoyed your pictures Six, Thanks Jack

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I been a tryin' to figure out what kinda setup that Marine Sniper up top has. It appears to possibly be one of them McMillan style E2 stocks and it looks like an ARMS mount ... (new style maybe). Rings look to be "at least" medium heighth and maybe higher ... Hmmmmm

The scope does not look like anything out of the ordinary and as I think about it other scopes that I have seen on some members weapons look a lot better than what he is using here but I could be wrong as looks can be deceiving ... :roll:

Your opinions ... ???

Six

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey Six,

Good eyes you got there... that is what I think they are as well... but the funny thing is the rings... he looks like he is using a Badger HD Max ring in the front and a standard Badger ring in the back...

The scope looks like a Leupold M3 style scope.

Cool setup.

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just behind the Marines head you can make out a bit of the writings on the wall in reference to "First Watch" .... then are inscribed below several names with rank altho you can't make out everything but I did see a PFC and a L/CPL as one team apparently ....

What a job huh?

Name takers and heart breakers at 800 yards (give or take additional yardage) with an M14 .....

I see what you mean on the rings in that one appears higher than the other which tells me that with a matched set of rings they must have had problems getting the scope zero'd and as opposed to "shimming" they simply swaped out ring heighths in order to solve the problem ...

Six

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
SixTGunr said:
Good eye DigHawaii, I was just going to say that he's got a Badger MAX50 ring on the front and the Standard Ring in the back. That mount sure does look like a new ARMS #18...or it could be a Smith Enterprise mount. Nice setup!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
M-14 SCOPE RINGS

If in fact they are two diff. heights did they line hone them as a unit to get correct contact?"BIRD DOG"

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats a good question ...

What is line honing anyway? I can understand what it means but exactly what is the proceedure on something like this ... :?:

Six

1 - 10 of 10 Posts