M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked this up off STURMGEWEHR.com and received it today.
" For sale is one new,unfired M14 rifle assembled by Hook Boutin. If you have never heard of Hook you should google him or check out the link below
http://www.militarymarksmanship.org/48reunion.htm This semi-automatic rifle is built with a Fulton Armory receiver,marked M14. The barrel is SAK and gauges brand new. The op rod is TRW in vg condition,original finish.
The trigger group housing is also marked TRW. The bolt is used TRW in exc condition. The gas cylinder is NM, "screwed and glued". Hook tuned the rear sight,trigger, and reamed the flash hider to NM specs. He also opened the front of the stock so it doesnt contact gas cylinder. The stock is USGI wood with the selector cut professionally filled.
Hook is an 84 yr old veteran of WWII, Korea , AND Vietnam. His reputation speaks for itself. I highly recommend you spend some time with this national treasure even if its via the phone. He is an awesome individual and builds high quality accurate rifles. "
I called Fulton Armory to see if it was one of their builds and Richard stated it was sold as a receiver.
I called "HOOK BOUTIN " and talked to him. He did build it according to certain things that were distinguished.
Let me tell you he is a hoot and I'm thinking about taking vacation just to meet this manDI2.
I'm ashamed to tell you what I paid but it doesn't matter since I will never sell it. $1000 shipped, NO KIDDING
I sincerely believe this has been one of the best gundays of my life.
I'll post pictures latter this week but it's perfect.
I was completely leaving M1A's but this is not only bringing me back but with enthusiasim.
Now I remember why I loved them in 72 (USMC)
DI2

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Congrats: just don't take it upstate.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
WOW. I dunno if I'd have even tried that deal... sounds too good to be true.

Post pics!FRG1

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Congrats: just don't take it upstate."
Oh, you mean the state of Chicago and city of Illinois.
Yeah, they forget there's more to Illinois unfortunately!

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
I just picked this up off STURMGEWEHR.com and received it today.
" For sale is one new,unfired M14 rifle assembled by Hook Boutin. If you have never heard of Hook you should google him or check out the link below
http://www.militarymarksmanship.org/48reunion.htm This semi-automatic rifle is built with a Fulton Armory receiver,marked M14. The barrel is SAK and gauges brand new. The op rod is TRW in vg condition,original finish.
The trigger group housing is also marked TRW. The bolt is used TRW in exc condition. The gas cylinder is NM, "screwed and glued". Hook tuned the rear sight,trigger, and reamed the flash hider to NM specs. He also opened the front of the stock so it doesnt contact gas cylinder. The stock is USGI wood with the selector cut professionally filled.
Hook is an 84 yr old veteran of WWII, Korea , AND Vietnam. His reputation speaks for itself. I highly recommend you spend some time with this national treasure even if its via the phone. He is an awesome individual and builds high quality accurate rifles. "
I called Fulton Armory to see if it was one of their builds and Richard stated it was sold as a receiver.
I called "HOOK BOUTIN " and talked to him. He did build it according to certain things that were distinguished.
Let me tell you he is a hoot and I'm thinking about taking vacation just to meet this manDI2.
I'm ashamed to tell you what I paid but it doesn't matter since I will never sell it. $1000 shipped, NO KIDDING
I sincerely believe this has been one of the best gundays of my life.
I'll post pictures latter this week but it's perfect.
I was completely leaving M1A's but this is not only bringing me back but with enthusiasim.
Now I remember why I loved them in 72 (USMC)
DI2
Congrats on a great purchase! I'm jealous.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Sounds like a great score. Looking forward to pictures and a range report. You're killin' me with the price.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Now that is a killer deal!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
That's a great deal! I thought I did good on my Armscorp, but you beat me by a few hundred! (chuckle) Congrats!

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
A trip to Bremen to see Hook is also on my to-do list. He has built multiple guns for me.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Hey Neighbor.
Congratulations on your score and What a Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hook is very well known for his work

·
Registered
78 Posts
help is on the way

I think that you got ripped off, but I am willing to help reduce the sting by giving you $900 for it so you are only out $100 instead of $1000. I hope you have learned your lesson as I may not be here to bail you out next time. GI6

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hojji1,
I really appreciate the offer but I'm going to pass at this time.
?
I've found another too good to be true deal in Calif (Yuba City) but I'm afraid it might be a scam. What measures could I take to insure it's not?
Have the seller ship through a dealer and pick-up his money order there?
Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congrat's on the minty stick UAWMAN. If its been across 'ol Hook's bench it will be a shooter. He builds (or rebuilds) all mine. I'm luckier than most and can get by his shop frequently, as he's about a 90 minute drive south of me. As a bit of historical background on the man, here's a link to a GA Public Television interview that was done with Hook in conjunction with the release of Ken Burns' series: The War.

http://www.gpb.org/wwii/gerald-boutin

Good Shooting.

Todd

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
+1!

Congrats!! This is a story that you can tell for years while you proudly fondle your new rifle. A real piece of history.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts