M14 Forum banner

Just scored me a brand new gen 3 KSG at a gun show

18K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Jgun 
#1 ·
GI1 My Benelli supernova tactical hasn't come in yet... BUT ... I found a Kel-tec KSG at a local gun show here in Texas. FRG1 I've been eying this shotgun for over a year & just gave up trying to get it. Then there it was; at the 1st gun show I've ever been to. & here I thought I was just going to browse.

The wifey really likes it too. In her words, "It's my size.", b/c she's tiny. ONTOS

#4 ·
I'm looking forward to a range report.

I can't decide if I want the ksg or uts15.

The kg is more compact and sleek but the uts15 can fire all 15 shots in succession.

Unless they changed the ksg I believe you must fire 8 shots then flip a lever to fire the next tube (just a training thing)

#6 ·
The uts sucks big, wet, yack sack. :ARM33: Every other shot from one of those abominations ends in...
failure to feed,
failure to eject,
the breach cover popping open when pumping in a new round; which fails to feed,
or any combination of the above... & it happens often too.

The uts is the most unreliable piece of poo ever. Stick with trying to get a KSG. It only takes a split sec to switch tubes. ONTOS

#5 ·
Dresden, I've only had 2 of the UTS shotguns show up at my school, but neither was very reliable. The first one was one of the most malfunctioning shotguns I have ever seen. The second one wasn't as unreliable as the first, but was not anywhere near reliable enough that I would trust it.

That was only 2 shotguns and your mileage may vary.

The KSG's I've seen were reliable.

#9 ·
I love mine. They are awesome.

-Sapp

#10 ·
Ok. You guys unlazifide me. It's just stock right now. I haven't dressed it up yet. It's just running a picatinny cover so far. Planned upgrades are...
KSG Kydex cheek rest
KSG angled grip
Streamlight TLR-1
Troy Industries Micro Flip-Up Battle Sight - front & rear sights (subject to change)

So, without further adieu, here are the pics, starting with a safety check of course. GI2

ONTOS

#14 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I plan on mounting Kel-tec's angled grip though, which mounts on 2 points. Also, with this grip, you still hold the pump arm, so unless I stupidly let go of the thing, I won't be shooting my hand off.

what's the difference between 2nd and 3rd gen?
None that I know of, except that it's more new. I guess It's more accurate to say 3rd production run. The 1st run of KSGs had some problems. Kel-tec worked out all the bugs early on before the 2nd run. ONTOS

#15 ·
Never tried one of the KSG's but when I read the article, I went and checked all of the vertical grips that I own (no Promags), all of mine have something that locates in the low point of the pic rail, much like the bolts on a set of scope rings, so I don't know how it could happen unless the Promag lacks that, or it broke. Sounds like the operator may have been negligent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.