M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states and now need to start accumulating the parts for the build. So far I have a TRW barrel, Sadlak NM spring guide, NM flash suppressor and front sight, and BM59 rear sight and that's about it. Would like to build using NOS/NIW TRW bolt, op rod & complete trigger assembly. I guess just go one at a time.

·
Premium Member
15,741 Posts
You will enjoy it for sure. The five that I have nailed together were indeed a pleasure. Keep looking, I am sure the parts will show up in good time.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
You will enjoy the Rock! I am taking mine out tomorrow to shoot for the first time, really looking forward to it. I bought a 22" barreled action and put it together with a SA parts kit from Windy City, bought from when he had them. Good luck on finding the parts, sometimes finding them is easy, it is what people want for them these days that is hard!

Reactions: btreed2

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The receiver I ordered will be made in the next batch so I have some time to find and save for the parts. Yes, they are quite expensive. Considering some LRB parts, but have time to figure it all out.

Let us know how it shoots, glashaus.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I hope the Rockola Bolts are gtg and I don't recall anyone saying they weren't. The rest of their M-14 line is A-1. $350+ for a GI Bolt is...well you know!
Good luck on your build! Look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
their bolt is GTG...and the new ones have much smaller lines on them
Maybe I'll just give their bolt a go then. I've got a TRW Op Rod with the tab measures .091" so just under spec and just ordered a retabbed & reparked op rod (so much for NOS/NIW right?). Any suggestions for gas systems/parts? this is my first "build" although I'm just gathering parts for someone else to build for me, ha.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm guessing our receivers will be from the same batch. I just ordered a Rock-ola barreled receiver group (which includes their bolt) this week, after contemplating getting one of these rifles to keep my HRA M1 Garand company for a few years. The James River offerings were enticing enough to make me jump.

So far I have a Winchester trigger group and HRA op rod, both in good shape (although I'm about to send the trigger group to Jon Wolfe for a repark and tune up), plus a NOS Walnut USGI stock.

I guess I'm an idiot for not jumping for one of the CMP kits back when they were available :)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
The receiver I ordered will be made in the next batch so I have some time to find and save for the parts. Yes, they are quite expensive. Considering some LRB parts, but have time to figure it all out.

Let us know how it shoots, glashaus.
I had a great time shooting my new Rock Ola this past weekend! I shot 100 rounds out of it and function was prefect! 100%! This was more of a fun shoot than anything else, shooting at a gong at 100 and 50 meters was great fun. I will be headed up to my hunt lease around July 4 and will do more of a controlled shoot and see how well the Bula barrel really shoots. If this Rock Ola is like any other M1A/M14 that I have ever owned, it will shoot as well as I can hold it!

Reactions: evilgrin
1 - 13 of 13 Posts