M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite all the negative feedback he has received I couldn't help myself. I ordered a synthetic stock, nylon sling, and slotted handguard. Although its a gift I'm pretty darn excited to see what I get, I'm just trying to tell myself it's gonna take a couple months as to prepare for the long wait. Guess I'll just have to hope for the best and expect the worst.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I have ordered a few things from Fred's. All have shipped quick, in better shape than expected. Over the holidays I would expect shipping to be slower.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was already charged, don't know if that's a good sign or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
103 Posts
I took the plunge on Wednesday also. Got an emailed receipt with an order #, card has been charged also. My fingers are crossed just like yours. Best of luck to us both.

To anybody who's had good luck with them; does a call help or hurt? Don't want to piss him off, but could play dumb and see if he's on it or not. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
You are in need of some good luck. The Tibetan monks would tell you to repeat this to yourself:

“Om mani padme hum”

It is the mantra that they use for lots of things, but mainly for good fortune. I would sit cross legged under your mailbox repeating this to yourself until the package arrives.....

Let me know if it works and maybe I'll put an order in...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well, tell y'all what, after you deal with SAMCO, like try to buy ammunition from them, ol' Fred don't seem near so bad.............GBERET1

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a noob but have submitted 3 separate stock orders as well as a sling order in the last 4 months. All orders have been received within 10 days after placing each order. I was refered by a Marine buddy but was also skeptical after reading many posts. I elected to try and have not been disappointed. The quality has been better than expected. I just ordered a birch exec with 75% stripes 10 days ago. I expect this one to take a bit longer.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well i just ordered a stock handguard sling and reading material and came with in 2 weeks have always got my orders fairley quick. And got a combo tool for free!

·
Registered
45 Posts
For what it's worth, I've ordered several times from Fred's and I never had to wait more than two weeks for it to arrive. Seems to randomly throw in free handguards with my orders sometimes too.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I just ordered another Vietnam Special, stripper clips and stuff and a walnut M1 Garand stock, I was looking at my M1 looking at redoing the stock on it that I worked on almost 25 years ago and decided to see what Fred's will send me, another Winter project.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've ordered from Fred's twice. Nice synthetic stock and ammo repack kit first time. Second time, birch stock, recoil spring and some enbloc clips. Both arrived within two weeks and both times had an extra hand guard in the package.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
I ordered from him Nov 7th and my order isn't here yet. My order was a "handpicked" order. I had to call him twice. I just received my shipping notice. I reckon it will be here after Christmas. No problem for me though. I'm sure they will be some beauties! Can wait to get going on them!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts