M14 Forum banner

Just one of those days……..

1009 19
Circle Recreation Monochrome photography Monochrome Pattern
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I cross fired once during a prone match and my spotter literally yells it out CROSSFIRE!!!!!!!!!!. I turned to him and said geez, tell the whole planet!
I crossed a couple months ago, but the bad part is that I shot two targets over…. of course it was a 10 too. I realized it it as soon as I pulled the trigger too

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
My buddy asked me how many minutes i am using for the the 300 meters - kneeling. Told him - 2 minutes. He shot - yelled out 2mins is in the 8-ring! I laughed and said to him - that is what I got too! 😁 😁

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
View attachment 490966
I know the feeling. I shoot a 100-7x and the shooter next to me cross fired and ruins an otherwise beautiful target and group
Very nice! As others said, there are those that have, those that will, and those that will do it again!

The 9 on my target was all me at shot #8, and I knew it as soon as I let it go, hence the title! 😀

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I once crossfires during presidents match, poor kid next to me got the good shot as it was the only shot in the black for him. My score was 90-4 if memory serves me. If I also remember that year there was a picture of me on the CMP website with me taking a pull off my gallon of water, water jug at chest hight with the most disgusted look on my face, I believe this was post crossfire lol.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Some people just got the gift for this stuff - they wake up out of bed and done. For few of us, we have to work hard at it for everything close to the 10-ring.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I went out shooting with three others last Saturday. A man was nice enough to let me shoot his 5.56 x 45 AR-15 that had a sound suppressor. It sounded like a .22 Long Rifle with your hearing protection off but it was a little louder. I only listened to it once with my ear protection off. I fired it at 200 yards and got one hit out of three shots on a 16 inch target. That was my first time shooting a sound suppressed firearm.

Also tested out a 7.62 x 39 Bear Creek Arsenal AR-15. Thus far I fired 62 rounds through it and only had one misfeed. The ammo was lower quality so I blame that. In the future I am going to replace the red dot sight with a scope that is 2 to 5 power magnification since I believe the AR-15 is okay quality.

We had a novice shooter hitting a 16 inch target at 120 yards with a .22 Long Rifle. Also I tested out a 9 millimeter Luger carbine at 125 yards. I was getting a 40% hit ratio at that range on a 16 inch target. Not bad for a 9 x 19 carbine with a red dot sight in my opinion. Over 85 yards is long range for that carbine and sight. (I do not expect good accuracy with pistol ammo out that far.)

One of the people had a .325 Winchester Short Magnum bolt action rifle. That cartridge is a beast. That rifle was over $3.25 per shot when he pulled the trigger. He was getting bench rest hits at 200 yards with it. (I would prefer .300 Winchester Magnum for cost over the .325 Winchester Short Magnum round.) I did not shoot anything more powerful than 7.62 x 39 that day though other people were also firing .270 Winchester and 30-06 rifles. But it was an enjoyable day even though we got rained on a little bit. It was nice and cool most of the day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts