M14 Forum banner

Just got some cheap mags.....any good????

1176 3
I just picked up ten N.I.W. mags from AMMOMAN.COM and these seem to be real nice USGI copies. Are these the Tiawanese mags made on US machines overseas???? I have a few that have markings look like markings I have seen on SKSs' and AKs' . The parkerizing was a dark satin finish. One however had a "U" mared on the lower backside (normal location for GI marks) and was very much like a USGI in the finish.
The real nature of this post is a couple questions . Can anyone comment on mags gotten from this vendor as far as function.
I tried a few mags in 2 of my M1A type rifles. The first is my Scout wich has less then 300rds fired, the mags fit kind of loose not to the point I think its a problem just more then a USGI. Then I tried itin a LRB i jut had assembled with all new USGI parts and I realy had to whack the mag to get it to lock up!!! Do they need fiting???
All in all I am happy with my purchase just had a few questions about them and this is sure the right place to ask.
Thanks Ray
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,620 Posts
Here is the link on Taiwan mags from a few weeks or a month or so ago.
http://www.m-14forum.com/viewtopic....agazines&sid=81f062d95e6f404b9546392e3df6a761 . I think the Mods would like to keep this topic here rather than the firing line since your post was moved. Anyway, a lot of the answers your looking for are in the link above. When replying, I think it would be better to reply on this post instead of the hyperlink. It would probably save the Moderators some time and headaches. I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Raygun
I picked up 10 mags from ammoman about 2 mts. ago. All fit and funcion well. I use them all the time and only use my GI mags for matches.
FYI:
We are having a 600 yard X3 match in Donaldsonville, La. this Saturday March the 5th. Anybody that would like to attend drop me an email.
Shadowjack

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link. I put this in the Firing line forum cause I wanted specific info on fitment and function in M1A rifles. I felt it was appropriate . I will have to rephrase my post next time to keep it where I first posted it....... Oh well. Thanks again Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.