M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought up a standard SA, still at shop, going to get it around Thanksgiving, have a BM-59, and was an M60 gunner in the army, don't hate 5.56s, but really enjoy the extra distance of the 7.62. Got the m1a for $1167 out the door, he sold it new on layaway to a guy who never picked it up, subsequently traded the money for a handgun, then it when out for a month to a guy who traded it back for an AR. Walnut. not stainless. Nice place you have here.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Welcome.
-
Warning: Can Be Habit Forming!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Great to hear. Get out an shoot it.
Post pics when you got them.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NorCal. I noticed you titled your intro 'just got my first M1A'. It is good that you understand that it may not be your last, the addictions is hiding in plain sight. Have fun here and share your experiences with the new rifle with us.GITEN

·
Registered
914 Posts
Welcome from the PacNW!

Beretta BM 59 huh? Those were just feature-covered in the Man at Arms Gun Collector mag (Vol 33, No. 5, 2011), the official NRA Collector's magazine. Check it out. I remember reading about them in the, oh ≈1970s Guns & Ammo annual. Do wish I had one! They prettied them up a bit as I understand it, and added a recoil pad and nicer wood.

Enjoy this forum! Many good experts here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My neighbor was stoked as well, got me this great rifle bad with Molle attachments, could'nt get the bm59 as it is today, left my camera at home, here is the way it was before I put a laminate stock on her.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noticing the pricing on the syn. loaded guns, and the lack of available walnut for anything less than the match grade rifles, I am soooooooooooooooo glad I got this rifle used less than 20 rounds through this standard, I think I'll start acquiring forged parts, thinking of going with PB Beretta, since she'll be a mutt anyway, PB parts are less expensive too, as opposed to buying a mount and an very expensive piece of glass. try to keep this one real simple, I thought before I got it about a Fulton double lug, but I'll lose any benefit I may have gained on the $1167 otd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts