M14 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
2,058 Posts
Nothing wrong with stocking up on components. I was around in the Klinton years so I went a little crazy when Bush's numbers started to tank and I could see the libs coming. But I beat the buying surge and now have probably a lifetime supply of primers and powder that cost me a LOT less than things cost now. I could use some more bullets though so count me in.

I was an officer at my gun club back in the Klinton years when you couldn't find components anywhere. We had a connection with a big wholesaler who gave us priority for a group buy. But it ended up being a nightmare for us volunteers who put it together. Just the logistics of distribution was a PITA. The supplier wasn't going to give us the price breaks if he had to ship out a bunch of smaller orders so we had to handle that end. Collecting the $$ was a pain, too.

And if I had it to do over again, I would limit the items available in the buy. It kind of defeated the purpose when everybody wanted a little of this and a little of that - too may small quantities of too many powders, bullets, etc. I would suggest a couple powders and the same for bullet choices - like 4895 and Sierra 168's for example in the M1A. If there wasn't a large number of 'pre-orders' for a given item, I'd pass on that one. JMO.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.