M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Entries for June 2020 8" Dirty Bird Challenge.

M1 or M14 100 yards, 10 rnds any ammo on 8" Dirty Bird Splatter Target iron sights only.

Total score then X count for entry.
Please write date, score, Xs and rifle used on target before posting photo.

Individuals are more than welcome to post multiple entries for the month. Not limited to just one. Hey, this is fun. Your top score for the month will be the counter. Gives folks a chance to move up the ladder

·
Premium Member
15,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Considering the possibility of moving the 8" Dirty Bird challenge to a different forum.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty difficult to manage without the ability to edit.
Considering setting up the challenges on a more user friendly forum over at M14 BR.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
I will go wherever they go for sure... Am trying to post my Dirty Birds shot this morning

Attachments

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Thanks nf1e but this is my old SuperMatch and that is the way it came from SAI. It is pretty much stock as all I have done to it is advance the gas cyl a bit and add a Tubbs OP rod spring.
Has a very nice trigger though as does Johnb2488's... I am missing my Shooting Sight trigger on my JAE Dot gun and there really is a difference in trigger feel with my Keep Shooting one in it now.

·
Premium Member
15,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rgr that. Can't beat the ShootingSight triggers.
Spent most of the day up in the bucket of our loader with a Stihl pole saw. Lots of trees needed trimming up to 18'. My wife Linda does a great job running the tractor while I'm up in the air.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Nice shooting Jeff! I'm hoping to get out and post a score this month. Just reopened my restaurant this week after 3 months and it's been crazy.

And I'm ok with moving the challenge to whatever site NF1E moves it to.

·
Premium Member
15,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going to attempt to run the Dirty Bird challenge and others both here and on the M14 BR.com Battle Rifle Range.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mornin' all. I'll follow the Dirty Bird challenge wherever you need it to go. Any input on the new forum?
This weekend I had my new glasses... so that's what a front sight post looks like. Who would've thought?
100 3x?4x. The black ring cuts the white ring but doesn't touch the red. Gotta reset my DOPE (both the rifles and the loose nut behind it).
BN

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nice shootin BN. I'm headed out this morning and will try to punch some paper.
Myself I'll follow this dirty bird where ever it lands. I'll have to register over at M14 BR later.
I think this new format sucks Moose milk.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Art's game, Art's rules, but in High Power at least the ring belongs to the higher score value. I'd mark it as a X and run the target up. 4X in my book if the actual bullet hole is cutting the white ring.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Roger, I concur cutting the white ring. Wasn't sure if the ring counted here or not.
Need to drop my group 1/2" and tighten up my low fliers. Not sure if it was sight pictue or hold.
I was so excited I could see the front sight post.
I might change back to my 0.62 NM front sight.
BN

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Art's game, Art's rules, but in High Power at least the ring belongs to the higher score value. I'd mark it as a X and run the target up. 4X in my book if the actual bullet hole is cutting the white ring.
X ring is broken so, no question, she's an X.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts