M14 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First can we change this part of the forum to Auto Racing and not just Nascar?

Second, Holy Crap who watched the Indy car races this weekend? JPM is back, 2nd in the first race, 6th in the second because he wouldnt just give up. Diving for passes, making passes no one else could and just plain old hanging it out. For a minute I felt like it was 1999, I was in college, and was wondering who the heck this maniaic columbian was. Having JPM back will do worlds of good for this series. Welcom back JPM! Back where you belong!

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
I too am a Montoya fan, having lived in Colombia for several years I have an appreciation for their zest for life and adventure!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I loved the old CART series, the new series is coming along, having JPM will elevate the series back to where it was. I wish Bourdais would get back up to speed. Too bad Marco, and Graham arent quite the level of their fathers.

·
Administrator
17,392 Posts
So I ran a flag up the flag pole and see if we can get a small change in the title in the § of Off Topic.

I only watched NASCAR because of having Juan Pablo Montoya from Formula One racing on road courses with the boy's in NASCAR. I'm a fan of Juan Pablo Montoya since his day's in F1 racing.

"Juan Pablo Montoya #42, keep it between the lines this week again."

DI5

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bringing life back to the sport.

I was a big Nigel Mansel fan growing up.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I ran a flag up the flag pole and see if we can get a small change in the title in the § of Off Topic.

I only watched NASCAR because of having Juan Pablo Montoya from Formula One racing on road courses with the boy's in NASCAR. I'm a fan of Juan Pablo Montoya since his day's in F1 racing.

"Juan Pablo Montoya #42, keep it between the lines this week again."

DI5
Thank you! I met JPM in the padok at Nazareth his Rookie year, I remember wondering who this little man was in Zanardi's car.

·
Administrator
17,392 Posts
All right gentlemen, I was not able to get the header title changed to Auto Racing. But was able to get the § description changed to; "Auto Racing Forum including CART, Formula One, NASCAR Auto Racing - keep it friendly!"

Thanks ffAdmin.

DI5

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Montoya sure didn't show any driving skill in his years in NASCAR.
I would have to agree. He is obviously a world caliber one in a million talent, something that translated well to F1 and Cart/Indy car. Watch YouTube in car from f1 or cart, he'd be sawing at the wheel making the cars do stuff others couldn't. On cold tires no one is equal.

Maybe the heavier weight and softer sprung cars of NASCAR didn't match his driving style.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All right gentlemen, I was not able to get the header title changed to Auto Racing. But was able to get the § description changed to; "Auto Racing Forum including CART, Formula One, NASCAR Auto Racing - keep it friendly!"

Thanks ffAdmin.

DI5
Awesome!

·
Administrator
17,392 Posts
Montoya sure didn't show any driving skill in his years in NASCAR.
He did much better on road course where you can turn right, than the oval tracks where everything is a left turn only... You just didn't enjoy his style of driving from the get go Huntinghawk.

I would have to agree. He is obviously a world caliber one in a million talent, something that translated well to F1 and Cart/Indy car. Watch YouTube in car from f1 or cart, he'd be sawing at the wheel making the cars do stuff others couldn't. On cold tires no one is equal.

Maybe the heavier weight and softer sprung cars of NASCAR didn't match his driving style.
How true Jason0839.

DI5

·
Administrator
17,392 Posts
The Pocono 500 Indy Cart winner today is Juan Pablo Montoya.

GI5

·
Registered
870 Posts

Thanks ffAdmin.

DI5
The motorcycle guys are left out : (

·
Registered
184 Posts
I remember watching Montoya in CART at Nazareth in 2000... the first race date got knocked out by a freak spring snow storm but my girlfriend and I returned for the makeup date.

Montoya lapped almost the entire field before being set back by a tire puncture late in the race. He returned down by quite a bit. He didn't win but put on an unbelievable show as he charged back through the field. I remember he passed no less than 3 cars at one time in turn 3. Never seen anything like that before. Nobody in the crowd was watching the leaders anymore. We were all watching this guy pass people left and right. He drove like a man possessed.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The man is back, Ive watched every race of IndyCar, ChampCar, CART powered by ford and all the other names (not IRL!!!). Some years were good, the most recent past eh, but it has been getting better these past two years with the different engines. Now with Montoya Im stoked every race to see what he is going to to try or do. I think he has brought alot of excitement back to the series. Everyone has to step their game up now to catch him. JPM IS BACK!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts