M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! I have for you, a new group buy that I am sure you will be pleased with. I have been offered the exclusive rights to a product that has been long overdue. I am offering a combination of product from two manufacturers, both made in the USA. The first company is Delta P Design and the second is JP Rifles. Very simply put, I am offering a Large JP Tactical Compensator that will be a direct replacement for you Flash Hider. I have collaborated with JP to modify there existing Tactical Compensator to mate up with and index to a unit Delta P Design manufactures in order to eliminate the use of a crush washer or jamb nut for a clean look. The Delta unit is made of hardened stainless steel with a black oxide finish and the Compensators are made of stainless steel as well with the exact same finish as the Delta P Adapter. The price per unit is $225 each plus priority mail shipping. The comp will not only offer you a unique new look but will perform outstanding as well. Several members that were in on the first group buy have posted reviews on the forum and with there permission I hope to thave them post them her as well.

Payment will be as usual, USPS Money order and will be collected when we reach 10-20 units. I will need you to post here in the thread the number of pieces you want followed up with a PM with your Name, Address, Email and Phone number. If you have any questions about my honesty dealing with group buys, simply PM anyone of the members I just order Krieger Barrels for and the first 19 Tac Comps

In addition, along with the Tac Comp I am offering a Dewey Delrin Muzzle Guide. The guide will be 1.5 inches in OD. 1.22 +/- .005 ID and fit over the Compensator 1 1/4 inch enough to slide over the center baffle for added stability. They will be available with either a .22 cal brass bushing or a .30 cal brass bushing. Please specify which one you desire. Considering these are being produced for our compensator the price will vary depending on how many we order. To make it more economical the more we order the less they are going to cost. I wont even quote you what they want for one piece because its out of this world. I will only list the most economical prices. 11-20 total pieces ordered will cost an additional 25 dollars added to the comp price and 21-40 total pieces ordered will cost 18 dollars each added to the comp price. Delivery time will be two weeks from the time of order. This will be pleanty of time to get them in hand prior to the compensator production run is finished. Really make good sense to have one along with the comp! On the first run of comps, just over 50% of the members ordered the Delrin Guide as well.

Thanks for looking and hope to hear from you soon.

Here is the dewey delrin guide

Member Commitment List
ddeaton 2 units
orion5457 1 unit
M1Aalltheway 3 units
yellowthunder 1 unit
Artemus 1 unit
BornFromJets 2 units
Middkid 1 unit
[email protected] 2 units
easyed 1 unit
m1a_scoutguy 1 unit

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are a couple of reviews of the Tac Comp from the last group buy

Rawnerves
I put mine on yesterday and WOW, it's a head turner. I can't stop staring at it, and can't wait to put it to the task. Installation was a breeze, everything lined up perfectly. I call it my bulldog and it's a serious looking piece of hardware.

Shot mine today for the first time and the air blast to both sides of the shooter is substantial. However, I did not notice any increase in noise level from this unit. I believe it does have a deeper base and more crisp tone. The thing I did notice is that recoil is very light and straight back with no side to side bounce, I liked that a lot. This baby had 1/2 inch of straight back level recoil and no bounce from the bench or side to side shifting. Firing with my scope I was able to keep the target in sight from one round to another without my eye ever having to leave the target. This made target acquisition from shot to shot a breeze. As hard as I looked I couldn't find a down side and my goups were tighter than ever. I let my buddy shoot a mag and he said the same thing, it's perfect. The installation was a none issue, slipped right on and tightened down in perfect alignment. 82nd ABN, you struck gold with this one, works as advertised (make that better than advertised).

DDeaton
got mine today. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I was wondering about the size of this thing from the old pics. It turned out great, I cant wait to install it. Thanks Warren, will post pics

Me and a couple others at the range shot mine for the first time today since the install. I still cannot believe the difference in recoil. The noise and blast hits you if you are standing beside the shooter, but all is fine if you are behind the stock. It really does feel like shooting a AR. I didnt take time to put any on paper, just threw some down range to check function. Warren, this is a keeper for sure and I am in on the next buy. I sold another one for you at the range during the dog and pony show. This makes me want to go out and get a fifty now!

M1Aalltheway

Test bed: SAI Super Match, Douglas SS barrel, USGI Synthetic stock opened up for rear lug.

Visually, the brake is a work of art. Finish is perfect, overall look is very intimidating. Installation was easy. Splines were snug in the barrel grooves but not tight enough to require a rubber mallet. No rotation of the brake is possible because of the snug spline fit but since the splines are round rather than elongated as on typical brakes or FS's, up-down and/or side to side movement is still possible. On my sample, the castle nut could only be inserted from one side. The back section of the brake where the muzzle inserts (i.e., forward of the window the castle nut fits into) has a shallow collar with a central depression. The collar is slightly larger in diameter than the muzzle on the Douglas barrel so some play is possible, raising some concerns that alignment could shift with use since the round splines can't contribute to overall alignment. Tests with an SAI alignment gauge show that with the brake pushed to the right on my barrel, the gauge comes pretty close to the front hole in the brake (but YMWV). The tip of the castle nut set screw is broader than the standard set screw so alignment of any given castle nut notch becomes more critical. I found the easiest method was to take the set screw out, turn the rifle over, and look through the hole to align the notch, then put the screw back in.

At the range, a bipod and rear bag were used from a bench with a 6-24X scope @ 100 yds. First, there was no indication of misalignment whatever. Second, there was a pronounced shift in POI from the zero used with the NM FS installed by SAI (4" down and 3" right). Third, there was practically no recoil, certainly less than an AR, which is saying something. Fourth, and this was quite a surprise, it was relatively quiet! The USCG brake tends to be very loud, and this seemed even quieter than the NM FS that preceded it. Finally, accuracy seemed to improve. While the fouling shots with PPU 145 gr FMJ didn't look all that great (about 3" for ten rounds), Radway Green delivered a bit over 2" for seven rounds, and Federal Gold Medal Match 168 gr consistently made ragged holes with multiple rounds (e.g. 4 rounds clustered in 1/4" with the fifth about an inch away which was no doubt my fault). That ammo was factory seconds due to accuracy, so I expect Federal first quality will be capable of much better results than this shooter can deliver. Perhaps most surprising was Sellier & Bellot 147 gr FMJ, which put 5 rounds in a 1" square.

The Super Match didn't start to deliver its potential until SAI fixed the wandering op rod guide and then I put it in the USGI Synthetic. But today's results are the best it's ever delivered and I think at least part of that is due to 82nd ABN's brake! This is definitely a keeper!

Thank you Warren!

Rawnerves

I put mine on yesterday and WOW, it's a head turner. I can't stop staring at it, and can't wait to put it to the task. Installation was a breeze, everything lined up perfectly. I call it my bulldog and it's a serious looking piece of hardware.

Ke1mog
Hey Warren, I got mine in the mail yesterday, thank you! It is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks much for doing this group buy. If you do the Delta P buy again, I'll be tempted to get a third.

Kendall

Ranajah

I received both comps this weekend and damn are they pretty!
Plan on putting one of them on a Kreiger Medium Weight CM 1-10 18.5" from 82nd ABN other group buy. Thanks for steering my money in the right direction.

TWLee

Hi,
I have received my compensator and it looks great. I can't wait to fit it to a barrel. Good group buy.
TWLee

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats my Danny boy! No need to send contact info I have it from the last two group buys.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not another group buy...Man I hate when you do these...Put me down as a soft 1...depending on time. You have my info as well.

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tac comp has a front sight base. It sounds like you are using the sei glfs for the 18 inch barrel? If so you would wind up having two bases. You could just use the regular gas lock. On the shorter barrels you need to use a taller front sight. At this time the only source for them is the NM front sight that SAI sells or I think trigicon but it's very wide. If you check the pic of my short action above you will see the taller SAI NM front sight.
The tac comp fits on any M14 barrel.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Hey Warren, put me down for three (3). The overall improvement my first brake gave my Super Match makes me want to install them on my other rifles.

BTW, has anyone weighed the brake in comparison to a typical brake or FS? Its size makes it look heavy but it's mostly cunningly designed empty space and it didn't fell especially heavy before I installed it.

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do! Thanks for getting in on it again. I actually have one that is not intalled and i'll weigh it next time I go to the post office.

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats my in your face shorty build Byron can't wait to scope the two.

YellowThunder thanks for joining the buy I will put you in for one. Looking forward to meeting you on your trip to the city.

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just as effective on my short barreled action as my heavy action. I hope to go to the renage after christmas and make a video while firing the rifles with the comps as well as two others that have gi flash hiders.

·
"Death From Above"
11,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No doubt! I did find it to be quiet as well when i was standing to the side watching someone shoot the rifle.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Put me down for one each of the DeltaP and the JP as well as the Dewey muzzle guide.

That's a one lot of the whole shebang, Baby! Thanks, 82nd.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts