M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a discussion in this section with an update from Jon about trying to begin taking new work while he is away. I can’t seem to find that discussion anymore. Is taking new work still something that may be a possibility in the near future? Thanks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
There was a discussion in this section with an update from Jon about trying to begin taking new work while he is away. I can’t seem to find that discussion anymore. Is taking new work still something that may be a possibility in the near future? Thanks.
Do call and or email.

·
Premium Member
8,192 Posts
My experience, so far, is that he is a busy man and much wanted...
I purchased a barrel through him as I want to try HIS chamber!

Tony Ben has the parts to assemble into a rifle for me when he receives it.

I will be a patient man for Jon and Tony!

Reactions: tarnel

·
Registered
924 Posts
Very good

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I emailed them several times and never got any kind of response.
I was in the automotive parts business for Mopars Model Year 58-74. AMC 68-73(Rambler, Rebel, Javelin, AMX)

Stopped 2010.

From the "commonality" of the Internet circa 1998-2010, I took at 2 year period of emails and on email I sold maybe 8%. Someone who took time to call was closer to 64%.

That was 2002-2004.

Call, or JD Russell who works with Wolfe is right here- PM him if social anxiety disorder prevents phone calls and human interaction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was in the automotive parts business for Mopars Model Year 58-74. AMC 68-73(Rambler, Rebel, Javelin, AMX)

Stopped 2010.

From the "commonality" of the Internet circa 1998-2010, I took at 2 year period of emails and on email I sold maybe 8%. Someone who took time to call was closer to 64%.

That was 2002-2004.

Call, or JD Russell who works with Wolfe is right here- PM him if social anxiety disorder prevents phone calls and human interaction.
That was almost 20 years ago. GI3 The whole social anxiety comment is total BS. When people are trying to work, getting 25 phone calls a day, gets old. So save the negative comments for someone else.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Jon’s last thread started on the M14 Forum was in April 2019 telling everyone he’s not taking in any new builds, that was a year ago...But if you call him he’s now taking on new work...Pretty mixed message to our forum here that provides him his own space to post any old thing he likes, don’t you think, Boys...I’m no hater, as some of you will assume, I did get a Scout build outta Jon’s shop last year, but the communication was never that good whether calling or emailing.

I will note this, about July 2019 Jon hired a guy to take care of customer contacts and post-shipment issues, so maybe it’s better, but I didn’t start this thread...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Deployed

Hello to my friends and family on the M14 forum. I'm still across the pond, but will be home later this year. I hope each and every one of you is safe and healthy. I miss being in the shop and cannot wait to get back. I have pretty good comms in my present location so I thought I'd take the opportunity to give you all an update and let you know I'm still here.

For those of you that don't know, I'm a field artillery battery commander currently attached to a task force in the middle east. Things are going well in the unit and the broader picture as a whole.

As you all know who have deployed, there are ups and downs, but I am very thankful this deployment has been a net positive.

Our shop is up and running, but due to the COVID restrictions and health concerns, the shop has been on a very limited schedule. The shop is taking new work, but please be patient as there is still an existing backlog. Both of our guys in the shop have had health and family related issues that have caused them to be away from the shop more than we expected.

Can't wait to get back and look forward to hearing from all of you.

Jon

1 - 20 of 24 Posts