M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, it's finally finished...Mk14 EBR Mod 0 built and assembled by Jon Wolfe! Enjoy...

LRB M14SA
LRB Bolt
Criteion 18.5" Standard Barrel
NOS H&R USGI Trigger w/ NM upgrade
SEI Op Rod
SEI Gas Cylinder M80HT
SEI Vortex DC
SEI Extended Bolt Stop
David Tubb Chrome Silicone Op Rod Spring
USGI Rear Sight
SEI GLFS Dovetail (Mk14 marked)
XS EBR USN-2 Ghost Ring
XS EBR USN-2 Hooded Front Sight
Sadlack TiN Gas Piston
Sadlack Tactical Magazine Latch
Sadlack NM Spring Guide
SOCOM Mk14 EBR Sling
Harris BRM-S with Larue QD mount
Sage Vertical Foregrip
Everything else NOS USGI

Not pictured are my DCSB and Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x56. I haven't decided if I want to use the scope or trade if for something smaller.

I'd like to give a shout out to Jon for building such a fine rifle. Everything about this gun is top notch. He is a pleasure to deal with and I can't recommend him enough.

Range report hopefully coming as soon as tomorrow. I'll update this thread with more pictures and results tomorrow

Thanks for looking!

UPDATE: More Pics and Video on Page 2

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Epezent,

That is am awesome looking tool.

I got my M25 JAE build from Jon last week and have been to the range twice since.

Mine is an impressive shooter with the 22 in. WMMW barrel. Top shelf workmanship and attention to detail.

As busy as he is, Jon is a pleasure to work with.

I am planning on getting some pictures of the rifle & targets up soon.

Let's see who gets the targets posted up first!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ole Silver

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Well guys, it's finally finished...Mk14 EBR Mod 0 built and assembled by Jon Wolfe! Enjoy...

LRB M14SA
LRB Bolt
Criteion 18.5" Standard Barrel
NOS H&R USGI Trigger w/ NM upgrade
SEI Op Rod
SEI Gas Cylinder M80HT
SEI Vortex DC
SEI Extended Bolt Stop
David Tubb Chrome Silicone Op Rod Spring
USGI Rear Sight
SEI GLFS Dovetail (Mk14 marked)
XS EBR USN-2 Ghost Ring
XS EBR USN-2 Hooded Front Sight
Sadlack TiN Gas Piston
Sadlack Tactical Magazine Latch
Sadlack NM Spring Guide
SOCOM Mk14 EBR Sling
Harris BRM-S with Larue QD mount
Sage Vertical Foregrip
Everything else NOS USGI

Not pictured are my DCSB and Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x56. I haven't decided if I want to use the scope or trade if for something smaller.

I'd like to give a shout out to Jon for building such a fine rifle. Everything about this gun is top notch. He is a pleasure to deal with and I can't recommend him enough.

Range report hopefully coming as soon as tomorrow. I'll update this thread with more pictures and results tomorrow

Thanks for looking!
Nice man congrats glad to see it all came together

·
Registered
781 Posts
That is one of the sweetest looking rifles I have seen , looks like Lord of War's cousin.

Congratulations, I hope you have many decades of good shooting with her.

Reactions: lord of war619

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! It basically is LoW's cousin, but I think we both tried to copy the Mod 0 as close as possible. I'm going to get to shoot it tomorrow morning at my camp, I'll update this thread with a range report once I do. I may not be able to achieve great accuracy with the XS sights, they are geared toward close quarters. The accuracy will shine once I figure out what I'm going to do optics wise.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A few pictures from my trip to the camp today. Details on the groups...a little less than 100 yards, laying on the dock using the bipod, shooting Pakistani POF surplus (which is absolute crap I know, but was free). Wasn't really keeping track or counting shots. Today was just a play day, I'll buy some good ammo for a real test firing of a bench with bags this weekend. I can't wait to see what this rifle is really capable of! All I can say is that so far it is the absolute t!ts ...it blows my old M1A Loaded out of the water. Buttery smooth. I'm editing together some video clips from today as we speak...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Did you shoot it with irons today? I see you have pretty thick front blade on your sights. What do you think of it? I have the SEI CQB sight, and I'm not sure if I like it yet.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The two groups on the left are irons. The group on the right is with my scope. I threw it on from the last time it was mounted to the old M1A and just started shooting. Surprisingly it was still on the plate. I really like the XS sights. Sight acquisition is very quick. Accuracy is a little tricky. I center the front ring within the back ring and center the top of the post with the dot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.