M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a vintage Johnny Eagle M-14 on Ebay now for $250 and I notice it looks just like the Springfield Scout Squad!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'm pretty sure firearms sales are not allowed on ebay...

·
Registered
135 Posts
What?? You need our permission, go buy it already!! GI6

P_G

·
Registered
3 Posts
I remember as a kid when these first came out,I really wanted one.Unfortunately,parents never had the money to spare.Thank goodness,I am able to afford and own a M1-A as an adult.
moondog55

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
It may be a toy M14 but I did the NM mods on mine anyway. Also crammed a cleaning kit into the stock just for effect, and rubbed it down with tung oil. Sweet....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember seeing them in the Sears Christmas catalog. Which was always a pleasure to get in the Fall. The modern day Sears Christmas issue is a shadow of its former self.

I also remember a plastic version of the 1903 Springfield with the folding rear sight. There was a plastic M1 rifle also. I only had the wooden 1903 Parris model though, and a Civil War musket by the same company. Sure was a different era.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My brother & I had these Johnny Eagle rifles when we were kids (over 40 years ago). My brother had the M14 version & I had the bolt action "Magomba" rifle. Use to fire plastic bullets with tail to load into the cartidges to shoot at cups, paper, each other (till one got pissed off). Great guns but was one hell of a law suit waiting to happen. Wish I kept those guns!

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I had tree limbs and forked knobby pistols.....pinecones were our grenades........we were poor. Somehow, it was ok with me, although one day a neighbor boy came over with a thompson that had the real rat-a-tat-tat sound, but deep and growly....loved it ,and wondered about cash at that age....now look whats happened to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found a Johnny Eagle Colt .45 in my mother -in-law's house after she passed. We looked for the magazine and cartridges but never did find any. But the pistol is in great shape.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I still have my Johnny Eagle M14 rifle and some cartridges from my childhood...a thanks goes to my mom for not throwing it out!

I'll try to get some pictures of my "first" M14 up this week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts