M14 Forum banner

Joes latest bad dream.

2517 62
H.R.1808 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Assault Weapons Ban of 2022 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

I read that the plan is to tie this into the Respect for Marriage act, which supposedly makes gay marriage legal in federal law.

Not sure but I know in WA state its not allowed to put together such disparate bills and pass them as one, not sure on federal level. Either way, it wont work.

This AW ban is pretty intrusive and more limiting than I think SCOTUS will allow.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
12,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know. This court is pretty skeptical of such nonsense. I dont think it will pass Congress anyway, but Joe would jump at the chance to sign it if it did.

· Registered
237 Posts
It's all so tiresome. I just don't have anything nice to say anymore.

· Registered
4,232 Posts
How many times in our lifetimes have some form of Government attempted to take away a private citizen the Constitutional right to own firearms??? The answer is a large number of times and has not worked out at all.
Now though, we are facing another more determined effort to accomplish the taking away of firearms from law abiding citizens. One would ask why is this such an important issue for so many people and many of those are politicians of all stripes?? Well, the most given reason is to stop shooting of innocent people, really!! Stop and think about such logic for rarely are the police there to stop such crimes, only afterwards is the normal time for police to show up as they should of course. The effort to make magazines holding more than ten rounds makes no sense whatsoever for how many seconds does it take to change an empty 10 round magazine to another loaded magazine, perhaps 3-5 seconds??? Nonsense in its purest form. Some would say it is a mental issue and therefore all people buying a firearm should be scrutinized by a "shrink" to gain clearance for such a purchase. Again, total nonsense for all of these attempts to stop ownership of firearms for the common legal citizen simply will not stop wanton killing of innocent people. Many of our largest cities which have strict laws regarding firearms also have constant murders throughout the year. It is not the firearms fault that this happens but the fault of the person pulling the trigger for the rifle, shotgun, pistol, revolver, etc. it is an inanimate item and requires someone to make it fire. For those committing murders by firearms should be dealt the harshest form of punishment and that includes execution. It is a "people thing" pure and simple and that is what needs to be addressed by those in Government attempting to deal with the issue. The far leftists would say such a sentence is being harsh, well shooting a child and others around them is more than harsh, it is a horrible crime of the highest order and therefore deserves the harshest of sentencing, execution. Very fortunate to live in West Virginia where gun laws are nearly nonexistent. Carry a Glock 19X almost everywhere I go other than Government buildings or banks and frankly would feel truly naked if I did not do so. I obey the law, pay my taxes, do not drink to excess nor bother anyone and mentally sound so why should I give up my firearms to anyone. I am 80 years old and shot coopetition for most of those years and yet today go to local range 2-3 times per week regardless of weather and shoot AR 15 rifles, bolt rifles and my LRB M14SA plus Ruger single action revolvers, in short, I only shoot paper targets. I fully plan on continuing doing this for whatever years I have left on this planet

· Registered
1,377 Posts
The post stands on it's own merit. Not everyone is an English professor, but brilliance needs no editing. Instructor's post is legible, understandable, and to the point. The world needs less criticism, and more encouragement of great dialogue.

· Registered
711 Posts
H.R.1808 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Assault Weapons Ban of 2022 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

I read that the plan is to tie this into the Respect for Marriage act, which supposedly makes gay marriage legal in federal law.

Not sure but I know in WA state its not allowed to put together such disparate bills and pass them as one, not sure on federal level. Either way, it wont work.

This AW ban is pretty intrusive and more limiting than I think SCOTUS will allow.
Not really fair to use the phrase "wet dream" to get my attention and then, when I click the link, no babes, no tingle, no nothing. In a word, ripoff.

· Civilian Non-Combatant
2,220 Posts
It has been done in the Commonwealth countries; Australia, New Zealand and Canada . . . .I know that "things are different here", but never say never. In Canada it is not just tactical firearms , they ae now going after genuine hunting guns too.

The insistence on banning semi-automatic firearms as a general gun type is telling. These were not off-thee-cuff remarks. This weas a prepared text where the phrases and wording weer carefully chosen.

Robert Frances O'Rourke is still looking for a government job.

· Registered
200 Posts
They can ban whatever they want, I’ve already got all my stuff, and nobody’s taking it from me. They never stopped and considered that these bans won’t stop anybody who’s already got what they want to take away. After 48 years on this planet, I have come to the realization that all the United States government does is terrorize it citizens and steals their money at gunpoint. Disgusting.

· Registered
SA precision loaded
238 Posts

I dunno. The new gun laws in Oregon are pretty enlightening (terrifying).

This is the never-ending game: they pass illegal laws, the damage gets done, and they wait for you to traverse the courts.

You spend your money while they spend your money. How can they not win the long game? They know this.

Expand the gov’t, erode their freedom. Rinse, repeat.

· Registered
12,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not really fair to use the phrase "wet dream" to get my attention and then, when I click the link, no babes, no tingle, no nothing. In a word, ripoff.
Well it took a bit, but apparently the title was deemed offensive so you cant back that up now! LOL!:p:ROFLMAO:

Bad dream however is sort of a non sequitur per the content.

Bad dream for us, but not Joe.

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Some few things have me thinking. How many mass shooters have known troubled personalities, have had official red flags ignored, permitted to buy a firearm, and shoot up the defenseless? This is a fairly recent phenomenon. Overloaded system? Reviewers refusing to acknowledge that red flags may be legitimate? Reviewers who know they are legitimate but permit the firearm sale to continue? Review simply not bothered with?
Seems that recently, about the point the emotions of one mass shooting are beginning to wane, another occurs. Got me to thinking....how many counsellors are completely off their rocker and are encouraging/leading patients into mass shootings? Most patients wouldn't but it just takes a few. How many multiple shooters have had common psych's?
Just wondering my way through a bad cold.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
I am 80 years old and shot coopetition for most of those years and yet today go to local range 2-3 times per week regardless of weather and shoot AR 15 rifles, bolt rifles and my LRB M14SA plus Ruger single action revolvers, in short, I only shoot paper targets. I fully plan on continuing doing this for whatever years I have left on this planet
You are an insensitive paper murderer! Think of all of the poor trees who died to make that paper.
;)

· Registered
4,232 Posts
"A paragraph or three would have, etc., etc., etc." Apparently, a response of some complexity is not viewed as proper or necessary to discuss a given topic. Brevity is a desired aspect of the written word, but for multiple views it requires multiple paragraphs of the that written word. It has been said that of all means of expressing one's opinions, ideas, etc. the written word of a given language ranks as the NO 1 method of expressing those opinions, ideas, etc. Food for thought.

· Registered
449 Posts
For all the firearms owners who think, "Oh, well, a semi-auto 'assault weapons' ban won't effect me," I'd suggest that you consider just how the ATF subverts the statutes and makes up its own arbitrary rules (aka, pseudo laws).

Given the current trend in the ATF, if this passes Congress - and Joe will fall all over himself to sign it - the ATF will pervert the law into a ban on ALL firearms that employ any sort of semi-auto operating system, to include semi-auto handguns, semi-auto hunting rifles and semi-auto shotguns.

This is Pelosi's last hoo-rah, and she'll try to shove this up the a** end of the American people just like was done with Obama-care. No one should think that this is a pointless exercise or some sort of ineffectual "protest vote" by the House. The Dems are dead serious about doing this.

· Registered
200 Posts
That is why elections matter.
Uh, no, not really. We just had one and the Democrats are still running the show. Either people are so lazy they didn’t go out and vote or the elections rigged. Considering the state of our country, the Democrats shouldn’t be running anything other than a lemonade stand.

· Registered
200 Posts
For all the firearms owners who think, "Oh, well, a semi-auto 'assault weapons' ban won't effect me," I'd suggest that you consider just how the ATF subverts the statutes and makes up its own arbitrary rules (aka, pseudo laws).

Given the current trend in the ATF, if this passes Congress - and Joe will fall all over himself to sign it - the ATF will pervert the law into a ban on ALL firearms that employ any sort of semi-auto operating system, to include semi-auto handguns, semi-auto hunting rifles and semi-auto shotguns.

This is Pelosi's last hoo-rah, and she'll try to shove this up the a** end of the American people just like was done with Obama-care. No one should think that this is a pointless exercise or some sort of ineffectual "protest vote" by the House. The Dems are dead serious about doing this.
I wouldn’t worry about it, they already tried this before and it didn’t happen. And they’ve only got about four weeks to do it tops.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.