M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four old Catholic men and a Catholic woman
were having coffee in St. Peters Square .
The first Catholic man tells his friends,
"My son is a priest, when he walks into a room,
everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps,
"My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room
people call him 'Your Grace'."
The third Catholic gent says,
"My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room
everyone bows their head and says
'Your Eminence'."
The fourth Catholic man says very proudly,
"My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room
people call him 'Your Holiness'.”

Since the lone Catholic woman was
sipping her coffee in silence,
The four men give her a subtle, "Well....?"
She proudly replies, I have a daughter. when she walks into a room everyone says Jesus!!!
Jesus.jpg.0bdd933f3b8a68e58ecb71165ee896d3.jpg

Face Joint Hand Arm Leg

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
I dont like morons making a joke out of my Lord and Saviors name.

Shall we start a religious joke thread?. How about some jewish and islam jokes.
The Lord made women the way he did for a reason, which I'm sure probably had something to do with our reaction when you see them. Can't imagine he'd be upset completely at the reaction to her.

It took me a minute to realize there was a post to go with the pic.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sorry I jumped on it. Christianity is declining in many parts of the world including large parts of our own country. Perhaps there will come a time when there will be less tolerance of ridicule and mockery especially as found in the media. Look at the fastest growing and respected religion. It doesn’t look kindly on antics and insults and leaders and governments go out of their way to show respect to it. I guess its because its followers take it seriously.

·
Registered
Scout Squad AA9126
785 Posts
Every religion is creditable...

right up to the point where they proclaim they have all the right answers and only they can prescribe what is true.

When that happens- they're all the same... and equally misguided.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Four old Catholic men and a Catholic woman
were having coffee in St. Peters Square .
The first Catholic man tells his friends,
"My son is a priest, when he walks into a room,
everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps,
"My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room
people call him 'Your Grace'."
The third Catholic gent says,
"My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room
everyone bows their head and says
'Your Eminence'."
The fourth Catholic man says very proudly,
"My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room
people call him 'Your Holiness'.”

Since the lone Catholic woman was
sipping her coffee in silence,
The four men give her a subtle, "Well....?"
She proudly replies, I have a daughter. when she walks into a room everyone says Jesus!!!
Jesus.jpg.0bdd933f3b8a68e58ecb71165ee896d3.jpg

View attachment 480482
Denise Milani.. a beauty from the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Sorry I jumped on it. Christianity is declining in many parts of the world including large parts of our own country. Perhaps there will come a time when there will be less tolerance of ridicule and mockery especially as found in the media. Look at the fastest growing and respected religion. It doesn’t look kindly on antics and insults and leaders and governments go out of their way to show respect to it. I guess its because its followers take it seriously.
Don’t be sorry for what you stand for! I take offense to it as well not personally for myself but because they know not what they do, yet I was just like them at one time as well.

One can mock and laugh but when that day of reckoning comes there won’t be any laughing happening. You and you alone are gonna account for your so called beliefs or disbelief, salvation, your salvation is in your own hands and their is no excuse.

And as far as religion, I don’t have a religion! I have salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ, my beliefs are in Him, not a religion.

And yes, nothing wrong with humor at all as long as it is in good taste. Kinda like when many get their parties in a wad at work when a co-worker has a joke and they inserted your wife or your Mom and it was distasteful. Remember that taste it left in your mouth and mind?! Remember it ate at you, and might still today. Yea, that’s why it isn’t always the joke it’s how it is presented!

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Unintentional offense I expect.
Good to know how folks feel about things and work it out a little bit.
It takes effort to get to know people.
Men will joke about what men are interested in.
I agree with Doug in his personal feelings but I know folks usually don’t intend me insult in such instances.

Even so it’s good to know how folks feel about things that are important to them, navigating a World full of People.

Warning, strong language.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts