1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 8929

View attachment 8930

View attachment 8931

View attachment 8932 Im a newbie and this only my second thred so bear with me, about a month ago I bought a james river built LRB m14SA and following my usual M.O. I impusle buy first and ask questions last. My question is, has anyone had any experience with their m14 builds after googling for a while all I can find is people with M1 garand restores, not much on there 14's. First impressions were good the only critique I had is the flash hider had some/alot of loosness so I replaced it with a fulton and tightened it down. It seems to shoot good, Iv had 2 short strokes with american eagle 150gr fmj that iv attributed to being ammo related because It eats up prvi like theres no tomorrow which is strange cause I have to really open up the gas on my fal to feed with prvi and have to close it for the federal.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I will let you know soon. I hope to get mine by the end of the month. Mark seems like a great guy and he is certainly using good parts. Looking forward to critiquing it soon.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I cant wait to hear about it when you get it. From what Iv heard they bought a lot of around 200 israelie m14's and stripped the parts for there builds. Mine came with TRW bolt, op rod and trigger housing all seemed like NOS the hammer was marked DM and from what Iv gathered DM was a company that supplied backup hammers for the government back when the 14 was in issue but dont quote me on that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have one of their car-14 builds. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me. Check your op rod guide. Make sure it is tight. I had mine sent back Bec it was loose
and causing my shots to string and create diffent groups on target.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have one. They try,it seems, to use mostly GI parts. Mine was made from a TRW parts kit. They are fairly new to the M14 building from what I have determined Mine being a 2 digit serial number. They do have a good reputation though for the quality of their restorations so I would expect them to pay attention to the details. If you had a loose FS I would have contacted them to see what they would do for you. That doesn't sound like their usual build quality.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about contacting them but then I figured it would be much less of a hassle to fix it myself, I just hate the thought of sending such a pricy rifle thru the mail. I also noticed the op rod doesnt sit completly straight against the piston housing, it sits off about 1/8 of an inch but the piston seems to operate the rod without issue. The second time I took it out it shot way different groups than the first time thats when I changed the FH thinking that the wobble of the fh was the cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts