M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I have a Tavor and love it. But it was designed as a BP from the start. Bulpupping an M14 is tricky. May work if the op rod can be manipulated without losing your hold.

JWB

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It'll make a few movies, but that'll be all it's good for.

·
Premium Member
16,908 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,908 Posts
How is that attached? Does it reciprocate also?

I like the BP concept, but just prefer a 5.56 more for CQB and HD...

JWB
Slides over the op rod behind the guide and locks on with set screws. Only problem I have had is keeping body parts out of the way.

·
Premium Member
16,908 Posts
I am not a fan of sticking my face directly over the action! I will never own one. I don't care who makes it.
Really! Makes no sense. If you use a reproduction M14 type rifle, you are placing your nose, eye and face behind and closer to the action than you would be with the action contained within a protective shield as it is with a bull pup.
Think about it.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Super Moderator
3,550 Posts
Unless you have tried one, don't knock it.
Mine has been running great for a couple of years now. Not a single problem. There is a second operating handle on the left side. Makes charging the weapon easy as pie.
Accuracy in the bull pup frame is extraordinary.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/P1010020.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/P1010016.jpg.html][/URL]

Semper Fi
Art
Im not knocking it at all - I like it and "well it's just plain crazy!"

Not sure I will ever have one but I never though I would have 5 M14's either so who knows!

M1Army

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Really! Makes no sense. If you use a reproduction M14 type rifle, you are placing your nose, eye and face behind and closer to the action than you would be with the action contained within a protective shield as it is with a bull pup.
Think about it.

Semper Fi
Art
I stand by my statement. You enjoy your bull pup. I don't trust them.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
OOBs are possible with any weapon. I had an OOB with my FAL years ago due to a broken firing pin sticking out. The explosion blew the top cover completely off and it bent into a pretzel. The mag was blown out of the bottom.

IF my face had been where the top cover was, I hate to think what would have happened. GI3

Look t the pics of M14 clone OOBs and other failures. Think of your face just above the action, even if the BP stock is "reinforced" with sheet steel. Sheet steel has little effect protecting against all that gas and metal.

OTOH, look at the OOBs with AR15s, or other 5.56mm modern firearms. Usually just the mag is blown out, but nothing much if anything happens to the upper, so far as it disintegrating.

SO... here is my point: A BP, designed as such from the ground up, is OK with me. My Tavor has a design feature that pretty much ensures the blown gas will go straight through the mag. The same cannot be said about the M14 design, nor any other older design that is shoe-horned into an after-market BP.

So my bottom line is, I like Bullpups, but only those designed as such, not after-market drop-ins.

JWB

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Can someone clarify if this is actually a JRA built bullpup, or just a JRA M14 dropped into a Rogue chassis?

My first reaction was: This isn't a prototype... Rogue has been around for years...

So what is going on with JRA's bullpup?

·
Premium Member
16,908 Posts
Try and use it left handed.
Not a chance. God made me right handed for a reason.
Actually, It only took me a short time to get tired of the Rogue. I removed the action not long after those old photos were taken. It was a novelty and worked great if you need a short rifle. My preference has always been a conventional USGI stock. With a dozen and a half M14 rifles in the herd, it is always fun to experiment.

Semper Fi
Art

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Can someone clarify if this is actually a JRA built bullpup, or just a JRA M14 dropped into a Rogue chassis?

My first reaction was: This isn't a prototype... Rogue has been around for years...

So what is going on with JRA's bullpup?

Nothing new it's just a Rogue

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Platform without a purpose.

Clearing buildings with a semi-auto .308? Madness.

Bullpup trigger on a DMR? Madness.

They make a compact, side-folding, handy rifle with a short barrel chambered in .308. It's called a SCAR 17.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts