M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting a new stock for my deuce. Anyone know if the JAE stock is OK in California? I would hope so since the stocks are made in Yorba Linda, CA. Other stock ideas/options would be appreciated. thank you to all

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
JAE will supply you with a copy of the letter they have that defines a verticle pistol grip.

As of now there are no issues in CA, that I'm aware of. I have two JAE G2 stocks on rifles and use them at the range with no issues.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks m14srock,

Did you buy the titanium lug slides? And what about the barrell tensioner? Worth the extra$$$? Most of my shooting is @ 100 yards, punching paper mostly

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Thanks m14srock,

Did you buy the titanium lug slides? And what about the barrell tensioner? Worth the extra$$$? Most of my shooting is @ 100 yards, punching paper mostly
I did not get the Ti, but NoExpert did. I only take mine out of the stock every couple of years so did not think it would be necessary.

I do have the tensioners, but have not played with them. But they are a good idea.

·
Guardian Of The Unknown
70 Posts
I've got the tensioner and shot a tight 10 shot group at 200 yards without messing with it yet. I'd say it's worth the money, and eventually I'll try to tune it in even better. But I have been told it can make things worse in a hurry.

Lisa, at JAE, told me when I place my order that the titanium lugs weren't really necessary. The aluminum would be more than enough. However, being me (just like many others here), when we want the best, that's what we get even if they try to talk us out of it. And Lisa does know her stuff when it comes to the M14. So I'd say the alum vs titanium is just preference.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
I got the Ti slides, not really "necessary" but way back when I ordered my stock they were only a $79 upgrade so why not... Now, I'd have to think about it.

The tensioner is worth it as is the thumb wheel riser, much past that it's personal preference for accessories. I got most of the options but don't use them all, they were also much less expensive then.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the help, I have placed my order.FRG1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts