M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im looking at jae's web site photos and what they describe as flat dark earth looks alot darker than any flat dark earth i have ever seen (magpul stuff) the color described as grit tan looks more like what im used to. they also have a coyote brown? i was planning on running an aimpoint with a tan cover .....usually flat dark earth matches the aimpoint tan covers pretty closely on ar's. so what im asking is what version a jea's tan do i need to match an aimpoint tan cover as closely as possible? my computer screen says grit tan but im not sure. does any one have experience with this? better yet......what version a jae tan will match magpul tan the best?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? it looked kind of dark? but thats on a computer screen so.....
im just trying to get my build to match as best i can with a tan aimpoint cover and a few tan magpul accessories. do you think who ever picks up the phone at jae will have heard this question before? and thank you for the response i guess coyote is my go to color for right now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha! i see a magpul grip and mag tab and a latter style rail cover.....they match well. your tango down bipod is off a bit? or is that just the computer screen? again, thank you.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
The killer with photos is they can pull out the base colour more. The bipod was nearly the same colour under natural light, but the camera made it much more noticeable. My Sage looks all different colours under different light, especially if I use a flash.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought a coyote "tan" Gen2 from a member here, and I swear it is a light OD.

Not that I am complaining mind you. I actually prefer OD of this shade. Now if I can only find someone to trade me for my Swat Black parts...

In regards to photographic color accuracy, try getting an accurate shot of an OD glock frame. It magically turns tan. It's quite an evil substance.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what im saying!! there is no way for me to select a color to match other products if a cant see it in person! so, no expert, your riffle is pretty close to what im building. does the tango down and magpul product match almost perfectly to the jae in person? with out someone like you who has done this already....i would be lost. so thank you again!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
jae fde

FDE has a green tint to it, here is a loaded i built on it, you see the tan granite in comparison to the stock, i have a fde hand guard and a coyote handguard i can take a picture of side by side so you can see the difference

·
Registered
674 Posts
thats what im saying!! there is no way for me to select a color to match other products if a cant see it in person! so, no expert, your riffle is pretty close to what im building. does the tango down and magpul product match almost perfectly to the jae in person? with out someone like you who has done this already....i would be lost. so thank you again!
The best way would be pretty expensive:
Pantone color designations of some sort. There should be an industry standard.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Call Lisa, ask her to mail you samples in the colours you're thinking of. Done. That's what I did when I got mine.

Their Coyote is the same as Alumahyde II Coyote. My barrel is a really close match, I used a different can for my hand guards on the Sage and it's a bit different shade.

The TD bipod and magpul stuff is a pretty close match in person. Not perfect, but close enough.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So the vltor rail is out on the market now? it is not on their web site. I can't find it anywhere........................so you can actually use your irons when you detach the scope? How does it do with holding a strong zero on your optic?

·
Registered
938 Posts
No expert, what color is that scope???? pretty cool.........Bicko, you could always ceracoat everything to match???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.