M14 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Fed Ord M14A ser # 2607 has HR barrel HRT W Bolt bought from friend 20yrs ago.when was this made? It shoots great .25 @100 yds,with Handloads 165/168 hpbt sierra, it kills wild hogs out 200 yards.I would put this M14A (m1A) up against a Springfield M1A anytim.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Welcome Texas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are welcome,live in a real small place half in Missouri and other half in Arkansas,Blue Eye Missouri lm on the Missouri side on table rock lake

·
Administrator
17,547 Posts
Welcome on board Jackson 4742, pull up an old ammunition crate and sit awhile. This here Gun Board is a great place for information on our beloved M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for feeding her. Again welcome on board and have yourself a great weekend.

XXIV Corps

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,679 Posts
Low S/N rifle which had all USGI parts when it was built, I would take a strong guess being late '80s manufacture. If it shoots that well it's a keeper. I had one and I liked it but the machining on a few areas was out of spec so I sold it, but if I found a great one I would get one again.
m14brian

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Fed ord made their m14 between 1986 and 1991. towards the end of the production run they started using Chinese parts. I’m guessing with your s/n maybe ‘87-‘89.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts