M14 Forum banner

Jack Reacher

57K views 140 replies 89 participants last post by  luigi 
#1 ·
Seems there are a few versions of the M14 seen throughout the movie. Still didn't make the movie very good.

#119 ·
we are old fat and slow now.it's fun watching these young whippersnappers out there working up a sweat so we can laugh and have a good time watching him kick butt and take names.
waiting for the new one.

#129 ·
When Jack Reacher came out in 2012 I was pissed that little Tom Cruise was cast as the 6'4" character from the book! I refused to watch it then but trolling thru Hulu I watched it tonight.

I never realized they used the good ole M21 sniper rifle in a couple of different scenes!

Attachments

#130 ·
Years ago there was a book series made into a British TV mini series, called Game, Set Match. About a British spy named Sampson. He is around 6' and stocky and tough. The actor used in the mini series to play that part was the same guy that plays Bilbo Baggens in Lord of the Rings! A Hobbit!
He is a fine actor but only about 5.4" tall, if that! Ian Holm is his name.

#137 ·
I'm a little late to the party, but I saw the original Jack Reacher (2012), with Tom Cruise, a week ago - and thought it was pretty good. I know he's pretty wacky, but I totally buy his character on-screen.

I did like the M21s and the handloading scenes. Cruise did look like he handled the bolt rifle pretty well in the range scene with Duval.

Haven't seen the TV series, and probably won't. I pretty much boycott anything Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.