M14 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Watching the movie again, how do you guys know they were using a National Match?

Did the serial number they said mean anything?

I recognized the Lee trimmer and the CAS Scope mount, not sure what scope that was.

Who did the M14 stock on the M1A?

The movie channel said Cruise kept as a birthday gift the only SS that wasn't destroyed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The books are pretty good, and that movie sucks!
I have read three of the books so far. They really aren't that good as the author obviously knows nothing about the US military or firearms, and the books have plot-holes big enough to drive an armored division through; the movie was better.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
there could have beed a thousand m14s in there and it still doesnt change the fact that they destroyed a 1970 ss chevelle. theyre going to hell for that.
Not destroyed, movie was on TV last night with commentary and the car was driven by Cruise in the movie even during stunts and given to him as a birthday present afterwards. While interviewing him it was in the background looking new. Say what you like about Cruise but he does take his acting seriously and does his own stunts and fight scenes.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Not destroyed, movie was on TV last night with commentary and the car was driven by Cruise in the movie even during stunts and given to him as a birthday present afterwards. While interviewing him it was in the background looking new. Say what you like about Cruise but he does take his acting seriously and does his own stunts and fight scenes.
They used 12 cars and he kept the only one that wasn't destroyed.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I finally saw it last night. I thought it was a real stinker. Had some good parts and it was cool seeing Robert Duvall with an M1A... but the plot was ridiculous and that German director guy who played the villain was a terrible actor.

·
Registered
964 Posts
My advantage in watching "Jack Reacher" was that I had never heard the name of the character or read any of the books. I was in blissful ignorance. I quit reading books, novels, etc. that spawned movies because I have been severely disappointed in every movie that I have seen that was based on a book that I had read. Not one was ever true to the book. Besides, there were too many gun and car books and magazines to read. I know that moviemaking is business combined with entertainment. It is imaginary fantasy and illusion and I don't take it very seriously. Cruse is about 5'6" tall (a runt) and I did not know he was supposed to play a 6'5" character. No problem here. As I said, being ignorant of some things can be an advantage. That did not spoil the movie for me. I take what I can - what I like - from a movie. I like authentic details depicted on film. I liked the reloading images. I liked the thought process given for the order of the targets. I liked looking at British actress Rosamond Pike (a "Bond girl", BTW). I like Robert Duvall in everything I've seen him in since watching him in "To Kill a Mockingbird" - even with cartridge cases in his ears. I have his autograph from the movie "The Pursuit of DB Cooper". And who can forget, "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"? I liked the way Cruse was taught to roll into the prone position. I liked the way he single-loaded the rifle and manipulated the bolt. I thought the bad guy actor did a fine job. I liked seeing Werner Herzog again. The unlikely Cruse has established himself as an "action hero" and he is bankable. He does take his craft seriously. I hated the destruction of the Chevys. I had a 375 horse 396 1969 Camaro. At that time I worked at a speed shop (fast car parts, not drugs) and soon that car had an open-chambered aluminum-headed ZL-1 engine in it. In the old movies and TV shows the car that went off the cliff was a junker vehicle 30 years older than the star was driving just before the crash. Cheap fakery. I could go on, but I found several things to like about the movie and will see it again for those things. I'm not a big fan of Cruise, but I liked the job he did in "The Last Samuri" - as well as all the reconditioned vintage original Mausers that director Peter Jackson used and the new replica Gatling guns - also in "Collateral", and in "Jack Reacher".

I do not recall a huge, scandalous outcry when John Wayne at 6'-3" or 6'-4" tall played "Red Adair", a real live person famous as an international oil well firefighter in the 1968 movie, "Hellfighters". Adair was 5'-7" tall.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Hey maybe there will be an EBR in it? It would make it worth it!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I've read all Lee Childs books. Most are awesome. Reacher is a 6'5" badazz

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Awe, c'mon. They are entertaining movies. I just like the fact that Rosamund Pike is in One Shot...I mean Jack Reacher.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have read most of them. Now reading his latest in PB. I will not pay to see the movie coming out with the munchkin in it.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I'll be seeing it. After I take my 7 pound pomeranian....I mean my lady's,..yeah my lady's Pomeranian to the vet.

·
Forum Jester
6,918 Posts
YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE! Name one bad Cruise movie. I dare you.
valkyrie

Reactions: Thor

·
Forum Jester
6,918 Posts
we are old fat and slow now.it's fun watching these young whippersnappers out there working up a sweat so we can laugh and have a good time watching him kick butt and take names.
waiting for the new one.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts