M14 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had to pause the movie to see what kind of optic mount they were using. ICONREDFAC

The stupid in me would like to test the blanket suppressor.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My favorite screenshot was Duvall on the range with empty brass shoved in his ears for earplugs. priceless!
Mine too. I also like the line, I'm going to drink you blood from a boot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are absolutely right. The character in the book is 6'5 240 pounds which makes him slightly more believable in the role. I actually believe the books are very good. This movie, not so much.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You are absolutely right. The character in the book is 6'5 240 pounds which makes him slightly more believable in the role. I actually believe the books are very good. This movie, not so much.
Friend of mine gave me 5 of the Jack Reacher books back in March to read. I had previously seen the movie - I hate Tom Cruise. The books are enjoyable reads and I've found I'm hooked.

I think Lee Child's firearms knowledge has improved in his later books.

Side note: I've become an Airport Book reader over this last year. The library here at the base has nothing but airport authors. Finally found a couple authors I can stomach to read.

Lee Child
John Sanford

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dan

I am 100% with you. Have read & enjoy all the book. Tom Cruise ???
It is like getting Danny DeVito to play Conan the Barbarian.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The reason Tom Cruise played the character Jack Reacher is because he personally bought the book and movie rights, from the author.

And that, as they say, is Hollywood.

-The End-

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I just finished the third book. Good reads all.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yea the movie wasn't great. But I knew to expect a cheesy movie like that. But yea the author or director (whomever made Reacher an MP) made a huge mistake doing that. I've never seen an MP with ridiculous training like he's a dark operator or something. Maybe I'm missing something. But I expected an over the top movie to replicate or try to replicate late 80's and early 90's films.

"There's this guy. He's a kind of cop, at least he used to be. He doesn't care about proof, he doesn't care about the law, he only cares about what's right. He knows what I did. You can't protect me. No one can."

"You think I'm a hero? I am not a hero. And if you're smart, that scares you. Because I have nothing to lose."

"I mean to beat you to death, and drink your blood from a boot."

"You're all done?"
"It's a seal tight case, you guys did a good job"
"You didn't even write anything down"
"I don't need to"
"What was the date on the quarter?"
"What was the serial number on Barr's rifle?"

Come on, these are CLASSIC good-bad movie quotes.

....yea come on, it's a movie fer crying out loud..."and since John Wayne wasn't available, they settled for Tom Cruise"....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ditto to the language in bold.

I saw the movie several weeks ago, primarily because a buddy of mine saw it and he said that after watching the first scene in the movie, all he could think of was me in my basement. GI2 Never read any of the books.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie (and that's not always that easy with me). I thought it was really cool that it was shot primarily in Pittsburgh. (Who would ever shoot a movie in Pittsburgh???) My first time ever in Pittsburgh was only a few months ago, and I recognized a lot of the places.

It would be cool if there were another Reacher movie, but I don't think it did as well as they had wanted at the box office so who knows. However, Hollywood has put out a lot of recent box office flops so maybe there is a chance.
....that was an interesting twist when he leaned over and handed her the keys...the look on her face was priceless!....

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's bad enough they ruined a Malibu. I'd really cry if they wrecked a true SS. The must have some deep pockets too. Repro parts, and thus "SS clones" abound and still go for a chunk of change. I bet a little over a grand to fake an SS. (been a while since I priced parts) Yeah the dash would be the most expensive and the hood not far behind but the emblems are relatively "cheap".

Always a shame to see American cars wrecked in the movies in the 70's. Even worse now as rare as they are.
...don't be surprised to know that they probably went through a half dozen of those cars for all those scenes...

81 - 100 of 131 Posts