M14 Forum banner

It's Official, I've Lived Too Long

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Gohorns 
#1 ·
David Campos, left, vice chair of the California Democratic Party, takes a selfie with Nicole Murray-Ramirez, center, an LGBT activist, holding a photo of Harvey Milk, and Bevan Dufty, right, director of the San Francisco Bay area rapid transit district, prior to the launching of the USNS Harvey Milk, a fleet replenishment oiler ship named after the first openly gay elected official, Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021 in San Diego. The Navy ship is the second of six vessels in the Navy's John Lewis-class program, second to the USNS John Lewis. (AP Photo/Alex Gallardo)

Smile Glasses Outerwear Coat Cap

See less See more
#8 ·
prior to the launching of the USNS Harvey Milk, a fleet replenishment oiler ship named after the first openly gay elected official.
I don't care if he was gay, though the selection of the type of ship seems like somebody behind the scenes had a sense of humor, albeit perhaps not so politically correct.

Don't quit yet Honest Tom, just file it under "Whatever..."

#11 ·
Preference aside, I had read on another forum, which is also stated in the link below that Milk did not receive and honorable discharge. To name a Naval ship after someone receiving less that an honorable discharge is low enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.