M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see or use this contraption. Stumbled onto it will on the SniperHide forums..

http://theiscope.com/wordpress/

[ame]http://youtu.be/RJcZ5D1F5gg[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/B7vnIlvydII[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/6pil8pP3Kik[/ame]

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I wonder how your smartphone holds up to recoil?

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
That is the DUMBEST thing I have seen in awhile. That totally defeats the purpose and beauty of a very nice scope.

That's like using a smartphone to be a "professional" photographer.

Soon they will have a way to have a smart phone "help" you wipe your butt.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
What we're seeing with this ver. 1.0 is too awkward, clunky. Next vers. will be a drones complete with programmable remote control.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
That's awesome! Now you can take pics of wildlife out of season or outside of your shooting range and show them to your friends so they don't call you on it. I've been waiting on an GoPro rifle mount for that very same reason.

I've always said a good hunt doesn't mean harvesting an animal, but witnessing what you are hunting for in the same area, validating your hunting skills. I've been wondering when someone was gonna make something like that.

Don't think I'd use it as a shooting device but would definitely take some long range pics.

Reactions: Mocos

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think IS a good idea for SOME things. It is a way to record your shots from right behind the rifle. Or to use it to back up your Bragging. But I don't know how long my iphone will handle heavy recoil. I would limit how much I use it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking a little outside the box. How about attaching it to your spotting scope? Be nice just to glance over and see your hits without moving too much or taking off your glasses. Especially me because I shoot alone most often. Also a good way to take photos of your shots for analytical purposes or whatever. Think he may be on to something. He also mentions using it for handicap folks . Might be some help there. Take a photo, send it right out to your resident expert to see what is wrong. Should be plenty of uses outside the box. Just got to think of some.

·
Registered
796 Posts
you can already buy digicam adapters for spotting scopes.. so iphone adapter could work..
though digicam has aditional lenzes that Iphones don't have.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Attach it to your spotting scope, put your phone on video recording and tape your shooting session.

And if you don't record each shot in your log you can replay and mark your hits.
edt: I guess saying 'tape' is showing my age.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm thinking a little outside the box. How about attaching it to your spotting scope? Be nice just to glance over and see your hits without moving too much or taking off your glasses. Especially me because I shoot alone most often. Also a good way to take photos of your shots for analytical purposes or whatever. Think he may be on to something. He also mentions using it for handicap folks . Might be some help there. Take a photo, send it right out to your resident expert to see what is wrong. Should be plenty of uses outside the box. Just got to think of some.
Sooo........no Face Book uploads??

Reactions: lhobbs

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't feel bad. I do too. Although I'm trying to follow the George Bush comedian and say I di-ver everything. (Short "i" in diver, i.e., DVR everything)
;-)

Attach it to your spotting scope, put your phone on video recording and tape your shooting session.

And if you don't record each shot in your log you can replay and mark your hits.
edt: I guess saying 'tape' is showing my age.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
this could have some good SHTF security uses. but seems gimmicky..

FYI smart phones hold up fine!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have that shooting software. Pretty neat. Never saw the mount though.

this could have some good SHTF security uses. but seems gimmicky..

FYI smart phones hold up fine!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I read this book(fiction) not too long ago, can't recall the title but the protagonist was a VN vet sniper and it was all to do with sniping. In any case, they had a scope called the Isniper, which worked, basically by laseing the target for range, had on board anemometer, etc and basically did all the computing a ballistic calculator does then projected a crosshair on the scope that you lined up on the target for dead on, first shot hits at extreme ranges... A glimpse of the future here? An Iphone rangefinding app?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I read this book(fiction) not too long ago, can't recall the title but the protagonist was a VN vet sniper and it was all to do with sniping. In any case, they had a scope called the Isniper, which worked, basically by laseing the target for range, had on board anemometer, etc and basically did all the computing a ballistic calculator does then projected a crosshair on the scope that you lined up on the target for dead on, first shot hits at extreme ranges... A glimpse of the future here? An Iphone rangefinding app?
Secret Service had/has that style of scope. I was able to chat with one of the guys at Hill AFB, when Clinton came through some time ago.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i've got the book on audio it's part of the bob lee swagger series. idk about the iscope deal but if it'd hold up would be cool to take on hunts for sure

1 - 20 of 21 Posts