M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKUT8ebR_s&feature=player_embedded#at=86[/ame]

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Sounds like National Guard summer training to me.

·
Registered
10,643 Posts
The Marine Corps is doing a training exercise called Mailed Fist. A lot of people are speculating what it might mean because it is the largest of it's kind ever conducted on the east coast. Every year they have the same kind of operation at Twenty Nine Palms, California out in the desert. Since hardly anybody sees the one on the west coast and it happens every year nobody really has a problem with it.

·
Registered
10,643 Posts
MEDIA ADVISORY

UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS

Joint Public Affairs Office

Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point

PSC Box 8013 TEL: (252) 466-5895

Cherry Point, N.C. 28533-0013
DUTY CELL (252) 288-8375

Point of Contact: Gunnery Sgt. Reina Barnett FAX: (252) 466-5201

Release 2011-049

*** For Immediate Release ***

Exercise Mailed Fist

MARINE CORPS AIR STATION CHERRY POINT, N.C. (June 15, 2011) – From June 13-24, the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing will conduct a Large Force Exercise along the East Coast of the U.S.

Mailed Fist 1-11 is the first exercise of its specific kind and the largest Wing exercise conducted in recent history. 2nd MAW units home-based at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, N.C.; MCAS New River, N.C.; and MCAS Beaufort, S.C. – along with other Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force units – will conduct operations from northern Virginia to northern Florida.

Maj. Gen. Jon Davis, the 2d MAW commanding general, designed this exercise to ensure the Wing remains prepared as II Marine Expeditionary Force’s rapid-deployment aviation force-in-readiness. By aligning existing, budgeted training events, 2d MAW was able to generate additional training opportunities while capturing significant savings in cost and time for the Wing. Much of the training that will occur during Mailed Fist 1-11 meets or exceeds a quality previously reserved only for training venues on the West Coast.

Local residents can expect an increase of aircraft and ground activity throughout the duration of the exercise in and around the following military facilities: MCAS Cherry Point, N.C.; MCAS New River, N.C.; MCAS Beaufort, S.C.; Marine Corps Auxiliary Landing Field Bogue, N.C.; Marine Corps Outlying Landing Field Atlantic, N.C.; Marine Corps Outlying Landing Field Camp Davis, N.C.; Vidalia Regional Airport, Ga.; Fort A.P. Hill, Va.; Fort Pickett, Va.; MCAS Quantico, Va.; and Navy Pinecastle Bombing Range, Fla.

Every type of aircraft operated by 2nd MAW will be employed during the course of Mailed Fist, along with a number of U.S. Navy and Air Force aircraft. For the first time in more than a decade, one 2nd MAW Harrier squadron will deploy to Bogue Field, from where it will operate as part of the exercise.

Additionally, Mailed Fist will employ the newly constructed Wing Operations Center, which provides 2nd MAW the ability to command and control distributed aviation operations by means of a full array of communications technologies and a common operating picture.

As America’s force in readiness, the Marine Corps stands ready with capable aviation assets for all aspects of Marine Corps operations. As such, 2nd MAW seeks to provide the very best aviation support to the Marine Air Ground Task Force, joint forces and the nation. Exercise Mailed Fist combines separate training events, which streamlines training and provides 2nd MAW units with real-world command and control experience on a scale that was not previously available on the East Coast.

In the past, 2nd MAW units had to deploy to the West Coast to conduct this type of training. Exercise Mailed Fist will not only provide financial benefits to the taxpayer, but allow for more elements of the Wing to participate, therefore enhancing the overall training value of the exercise.

·
Registered
8,705 Posts
Dang wish I could see some jets!!!!!!! I love the roar and miss sitting at the end of the MacDill AFB runway and watching the F-16s scream by. Freakin' pilots used to even wave at me. Shouldn't they have had their hands on the throtlle and stick when taking off. Quick wave I guess. Lucky guys....I love Harriers too. I need to go back to the Dayton Airshow up at Wright Pattterson and get my fill.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
The Marine Corps is doing a training exercise called Mailed Fist. A lot of people are speculating what it might mean because it is the largest of it's kind ever conducted on the east coast. Every year they have the same kind of operation at Twenty Nine Palms, California out in the desert. Since hardly anybody sees the one on the west coast and it happens every year nobody really has a problem with it.
What it might mean ???

It Mean It TIN-HAT TIME !!!

GI2

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's exactly what I figured. I have a psychopathic friend on facebook that saw that and started getting freaked out, so I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me prove him an idiot. Thanks for the help guys. DI5

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The C-130s have been flying NOE around here for a couple of months now. The first time we saw one we were looking down on him from the side of the valley as we were hiking the trail down the mountainside. At night, no less. Impressive flying skills.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha. He tells me that I don't know what I'm talking about, and that it's a lie. We'll see if im still a lier in a month or two when nothing happens....

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I want that Sign !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
That's exactly what I figured. I have a psychopathic friend on facebook that saw that and started getting freaked out, so I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me prove him an idiot. Thanks for the help guys. DI5
Let me think about this for a minute. You want to prove something to a psychopath right? Generally a waste of time trying to apply logic to an illogical situation.GI3

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I saw the big (4 of them) gray 2 rotor helicopters flying over pretty low earlier this week, headed west/northwest. Hadn't seen them before but its not unusual to see the big Chinooks sometimes.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The sky is falling...the sky is falling! OMG, I've never heard such paranoid rantings before. Gee, military vehicles being transported to upstate NY...aka Fort Drum. Rocket boosters being trucked to Cape Canaveral...gee, imagine that. I say again, gentlemen, what a crock.

I've often said this thread should be named "Paranoia Central".

·
Eye Master
4,185 Posts
Reports of trucks moving APCs in Ohio, is that proof or a conspiracy, or what? .... ummm, well they are manufactured right outside Cincinnati, which according to secret maps is in Ohio, and yes, I see convoys of 18 wheelers loaded with hummers and acps just about every week in Ohio.

The conspiracy has been going on for several years now!

Where do they find these nut jobs?

·
Registered
853 Posts
While this may just be nonsense, I'm a little shocked at the knee-jerk love and protection of the military and it's operations inside our country.
Remember that approximately 150,000,000 people were killed by their own governments last century. Stunningly oblivious responses. Yes, this is likely only hyperventilating hysteria over nothing, but you had better think twice if you think "it can't happen here".
To be " good American's" we should watch government operations like a hawk; that's the difference from being " a good German " (circa 1938).
A reading of the executive orders on the books might make you all a little less infatuated with military operations. We live in a police state in case you haven't noticed.

Reactions: tankdriver
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.