M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opertunity to buy a Springfield TRP 1911 for $730.00
it is a privite party sale. This seams to be a great price on an uper end 1911 what say you?

this is the listing with all the info I have.

This is a factory new in the box Springfield model 1911 TRP semi-auto pistol in 45acp. It is a stainless gun with a 5" barrel and fixed 3-dot low profile night sights. It has a Match Grade trigger, barrel and barrel brushing, G10 composite grips, 2 piece full lenght guide rod, wide mouth magazine well, and a checkered front grips strap. It is new in the box and comes with two factory magazine and owner's manual. The Springfield part number is PC9107LP. Please conatct me for more Information and pictures of the Springfeild TRP,

I am only intrested if this is a great deal as I would be diverting money from other projects. Thanks for the input as I am new to the 1911.DI5

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I would jump on it. I usually go over to Gunbroker and see what people are paying for them, they are all in the $1300 range. The cheapest one is a used one for $999, so it looks like a pretty safe bet as well as a fine pistol.

Beware, though... 1911's are just like M1a's... quite addictive.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought

I was looking at an entry level Para GI Expert but I do not believe you can compare the 2 and at that price it is only $130 +- when you figure in tax on the Para. I just hope the guy emails or calls me back soon I would live to go pick it up today. it almost feels like waiting for Christmas. It was just listed yesterday and I emailed him right away. DI5

Bob K

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Sounds fishy.

That's dirt cheap, my friend. Is the seller hard up for cash, or is the weapon from persons,' parts unknown?

Do some investigating before parting with your hard-earned cash.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Every once in a while a great deal will present itself, and you have to be able to recognize that it is a great deal and jump on it!GI6You can always sell it later for more than you have in it, if you don't like it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you don't want it, let me know where it is!

That isn't a good deal, its a GREAT one. I guess my only fear would be that ol' saying.....if it seems too good to be true....Give her a good looking over.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am geting it

I plan on getting it tomorrow. I will be calling the S/N in in to the sheriffs dept on the way to pick it up. he says he is hard up for cash and this is the only way to get it quick. Thanks for the input I will post a range report when I get it.DI5

·
Registered
460 Posts
So did the deal work out? I like the look/price of these and wondered if you like it?

I plan on getting it tomorrow. I will be calling the S/N in in to the sheriffs dept on the way to pick it up. he says he is hard up for cash and this is the only way to get it quick. Thanks for the input I will post a range report when I get it.DI5

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Deal

Deal did not work out!!!!
The guy was a poor communicator, would not call me and just kept emailing every couple days. I called it bad feeling I may have passed on a good deal but????DI5
Life is good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts