M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this last week from the group buy. Wanted to run it past you guys to see if I'm worried over nothing. Receiver is an M25 with an LRB bolt and WMMW barrel.

Each pic is with the bolt closed on a different Forster headspace gauge.

On the GO gauge (1.630")

On the NOGO gauge (1.634")

On the Field gauge (1.638")

On the rebarrel that Jon Wolf did with my SAI receiver, the headspace was 1.633" (per his marking the barrel), and it almost closed on the NOGO gauge, which makes sense. It would not close anywhere near as far on the Field guage as the LRB (bolt right lug sticks up about 0.15" above receiver well under the bolt roller on the SAI).

So, whaddaya think?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Forster gages are notorious for incorrect readings. If you are concerned, try a good brand of gage, but I would say your rifle is within specs. If you are afraid to shoot it, bring it over to my house and I will shoot it. I am that confident. dave

·
Registered
544 Posts
You good to go but keep checking it ever so often with the no-go headspace gauge if you shoot a lot of rounds out of it.

I check all my military surplus guns when they arrive home while cleaning them for the very first time. I have the field headspace gauges for all my calibers. It pays to check them before we shoot them. Bill

Who manufactured the receiver thats stamped seymour,ct???

·
Premium Member
21,158 Posts
That would be an LRB M25. They are the only mfg. that makes the integral rail and it is a forged receiver to boot.

Semper Fi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.